About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
To support the WRD site by managing a vivarium to deliver
flawless animal care and welfare. To assure the quality of care and the animal facility
environment is in compliance with local regulations and AAALAC International guidelines
partnering with Research and Development (TA's, CoE's, DSRD, PDM, platform lines) to
facilitate study support.
• Assure that the care and welfare of laboratory animals is provided in compliance with local regulations and AAALAC International guidelines.
• Manage and engage animal care and technical staff in the pursuit of flawless animal care and welfare by ensuring adherence to established policies and procedures.
• Support the career and personal development of the animal care and technical staff.
• Assist with a centralized CM training program for research animal care and use for animal care staff, principal investigators and research technicians throughout WRD.
• Participate in the direction of a centralized CM program of occupational health and safety for all individuals having significant contact with research animals.
• Promote a culture of care for animals and enhancing the application of the 3R's to animal care and scientific projects. Contribute to the evaluation of projects involving the use of animals by considering animal welfare as it relates to research.
• Act as the interface with the research community customer and ensure basic to complex specialty technical services are provided.
• Support operational excellence by collecting metrics for efficiently managing resources. Work with CM colleagues at other sites to share practices in managing resources and standardizing operations.
• Responsible for development and implementation of appropriate quality assurance programs, planning and maintenance of operating budgets, purchase of capital equipment and supplies and effective management of physical resources within CM.
• BS/BA in related field required.
• LATG certification required; CMAR preferred.
• Progressive supervisory experience laboratory animal setting.
• Supervisory experience in a pharmaceutical setting preferred.
• A competent manager who demonstrates adequate depth of technical/line knowledge to coach direct reports and works well in a matrixed global organization.
• In general, a colleague at this level will have a minimum 5 years of experience.
• All colleagues should have functional knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, calendar management and Internet Explorer. Colleagues should be able to use on line systems such as time tracking and document management. (e.g. SharePoint, Activity Tracker)
• Knowledge and use of other systems based upon job function may be required.
Medically cleared for wearing N95 respirator and/or PAPR, no known animal allergies.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
This is an essential personnel role: Essential Personnel are defined as the staff who are
required to report to their designated work location, to ensure the operation of essential functions or departments during an emergency, as determined by the company, or when the business has suspended operations. There are some individuals who may be required to perform essential services remotely and those individuals will be identified in advance and notified by their supervisors, but in most cases Essential Personnel are required to be onsite during an emergency or suspension of operations.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.