Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Compensation Analyst supports the implementation, administration, analysis and monitoring of the Company's broad-based compensation plans, policies and programs to ensure alignment with overall business strategy and external peers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the administration and analysis of compensation and performance management programs, auditing compensation data to identify issues and ensure compliance with policies.
- Provide ongoing and ad-hoc data files and analytical support to the US compensation team for various programs and initiatives, including but not limited to: annual incentive plan, sales incentive plan, long-term incentives, rewards & recognition programs, job leveling, market adjustments, FLSA compliance, pay equity, college hire rates, key talent salary reviews, retention pay, overtime, etc.
- Complete/facilitate job matching and annual US salary surveys, and complete ad-hoc compensation surveys as needed.
- Manage compensation data management tool, learning and making recommendations to maximize the tool's capabilities, as well as assisting/training compensation staff.
- Facilitate annual review and update of US salary ranges and bonus targets in collaboration with divisional compensation leads.
- Support the US labor team, including providing market data, analysis and presentations.
- Analyze and support merger, acquisition and divestiture transactions as needed.
- Test compensation-related tools in preparation for implementation or annual compensation process.
- Support the design, development and production of a compensation dashboard.
- Work closely and collaboratively with divisional and regional compensation leads, Workforce Analytics, HR Operations, Recruiting & Staffing and other HR and Finance resources as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Professional compensation certification a plus
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as an analyst in HR, finance, consulting or related discipline (compensation experience a plus) with an ability to statistically analyze and synthesize large amounts of data and develop recommendations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, including Excel experience working with formulas, v-look-ups, pivot tables, macros and working with large amounts of data)
- Experience completing and interpreting compensation surveys
- Attention to detail, good organizational skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening and interpersonal skills
- Adherence to highest levels of confidentiality, discretion and integrity, especially with employee data
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement