RR Donnelley (NYSE:RRD) is a global, integrated communications provider enabling organizations to create, manage, deliver and optimize their multichannel marketing and business communications.
We serve large, fragmented markets experiencing tremendous changes in the ways in which organizations communicate with their target audiences utilizing both print and digital channels.
We have an extensive customer base across industries in virtually every private and public sector, an unmatched portfolio of capabilities, a proven management team and the financial flexibility allowing investments in innovative technologies and growth opportunities to meet communications challenges.
Strategically located operations provide local and international service, which affords RRD a substantial advantage in being able to recognize and capitalize on evolving industry dynamics that impact our customers' needs to drive profitable growth.
Independently design, implement and administer strategically focused compensation programs for all areas within the company. Function as the subject matter expert for all aspects of base pay, variable compensation, and some areas of Executive Compensation. Ensure that consistent, equitable and competitive salary treatment of employees is maintained, and serves as a consultant to management on broad based compensation policies and procedures.
Partner with HR Generalists and BU management to determine appropriate course of action regarding employee pay. Conduct, participate in, and analyze salary surveys, summarizes results, presents findings and prepares recommendations. Recommend and implement improvements to the annual compensation program and may serve as project lead on major compensation programs. Assist managers, associates and Human Resources Generalists in organizational design of job families and roles
The Compensation Analyst will use salary surveys and other resources to compile benchmarking information, generate reports, supporting materials and compensation summaries for management and the Resources Committee of the Board of Directors.
Work is typically performed under no supervision, with only guidance about overall goals and objectives. Usually receive minimal to no guidance about how to complete work objectives. Must be able to define work based on evaluation of short term and long term goals of the department. Able to independently evaluate processes, identify areas of improvement, and incorporate in to overall work objectives.
- Assist managers, associates and Human Resources Generalists with the design and make up of job families and positions within the organization. Review job descriptions and related documentation as needed. Coordinate periodic job documentation audits with management and HR Generalists to ensure job documentation is up to date.
- Evaluate jobs utilizing analysis of market data and internal comparisons and prepares salary grade recommendations. Maintains database of survey results and generates ad hoc reports.
- Review proposed job titles and recommends alternative titles when appropriate. Assists in coordinating job title consistency throughout the organization where appropriate.
- Review pay for internal equity issues and makes salary-planning recommendations to BU when appropriate. Consults with BU and HR generalists and makes alternative recommendations as needed.
- Assist in maintaining the compensation related tables in PeopleSoft such as job code table, salary grade table, eligibility, etc. Review all job code requests and approve the creation of codes. Provide job code details to IT for creation in PeopleSoft. Conduct audits to determine which job codes can be activated and/or inactivated.
- Participate in compensation surveys. Function as the key survey contact for assigned surveys.
- Provide expertise on wage & hour employment laws and regulations such as FLSA, minimum wage, overtime, Equal Pay Act and ADA. Facilitates adherence to federal, state, and local legal requirements by providing counsel to management. Identifies areas of noncompliance and works with management to take corrective action.
- Function as the primary enterprise resource for the annual salary administration process. Develop process documentation, instructions and resource to the HR community. Recommend automation enhancements to facilitate the continued improvement to the process.
- Make recommendations regarding alternative compensation approaches when business operations and strategy indicate requirements that diverge from standard company-wide programs.
- Administer frozen legacy executive compensation programs
- Manage the long term incentive award process to include modeling grants, distribution of award agreements, loading of data into system, etc.
- Assist with variable compensation plans. Determine competitive compensation levels and assist in design, development, implementation and administration of incentive compensation programs.
- Consult on creation of new organizations and reorganizations, including pay, job duties, job evaluation, titles, job alignment and organization fit. Make recommendations on alternative job compositions when appropriate.
- Manage special projects and/or studies on a variety of compensation projects, programs and policies and related matters.
- May assist in design, implementation or administration of performance management systems.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.