Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
As the Compensation Manager for Services Finance, you will work cross-functionally and build the process capabilities as Workday's Professional Services Teams expands. We're looking for someone who wants to make their mark on a growing organization and develop business partnering skills, is a self-starter, a great communicator and who enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents, in a dynamic fast paced environment. This job requires equal parts critical thinking, attention to detail and analytical insight.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage the configuration, functionality and performance of the incentive compensation software application for calculation and communication of world-wide Services Bonus. Workday utilizes the Xactly "Incent" SaaS-based incentive compensation management application.
- Manage the quarterly services bonus calculation process for the various professional services teams. This includes understanding and applying the bonus plan consistently, maintaining quotas, and ensuring Xactly bonus calculations align with the plans.
- Develop, maintain, and update systems and processes critical to the reporting and tracking of compensation or sales team metrics (Salesforce.com, and Xactly- compensation system).
- Develop written process documents needed to effectively manage all compensation-related processes.
- Ensure accurate and on time bonus processing within the quarterly close process, liaising with Services, Finance and Human Resources organizations. Prepare periodic accrual and payout calculations.
- Be a first point of contact for bonus issue resolution and escalations from employees and services management, escalating to the Management (Services, Finance and HR) where appropriate.
- Provide input in design of compensation plans, including with respect to Xactly and Salesforce.com systems functionality, implementation processes and the overall implementation timeline.
- Participate in developing and ensuring appropriate internal controls and provide support for applicable audits of processes, calculations and payment activity.
- Performs various analysis in support of compensation program development, structure design and pay-out modeling.
- This position will collaborate extensively with the Services Finance, Professional Services, and Human Resources organizations and reports to Workday's Senior Director, Services.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, preference for focus in Finance/Accounting
- 3+ years of sales compensation/sales operations experience, including use of automated incentive comp systems such as Xactly, Callidus, OIC (Oracle Incentive Comp), etc.
- Experience in a high-growth corporate environment with global operations; software/technology company experience preferred but not required
- High proficiency with MS Excel
- Experience with CRM systems and Sales Operations processes preferred
- Excellent analytical skills and an understanding of the common elements of variable incentive compensation plans
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to learn new concepts and technology quickly
- Strong communication skills and professional presence, including ability to handle confidential and sensitive compensation matters with discretion
- Ability to manage programs and processes globally, managing multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Superior problem solving skills. Must be able to accurately compile and synthesize both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.