Monsanto is one of the world's leading agricultural technology companies. We're a company committed to innovation, and are focused on working with farmers to help them produce more with less natural resources, and we offer exceptional careers. A career at Monsanto means joining a team where your skills, your ideas, and your know-how can do more than contribute to the bottom line. You'll help our customers provide the food, fuel, and clothing the growing world needs. We look for exceptional professionals who are interested in growing careers while helping meet the world's growing agricultural needs, conserving natural resources, and protecting the environment.
Monsanto's Compensation team is seeking a proactive professional to join our team as a Compensation Partner. The individual in will be responsible for driving consistent compensation processes and communications while providing analysis of internal equity, key metrics, and market trends.
- Partner with HR Generalists and business clients to understand and support their business objectives by providing analytical support, counseling, and expert compensation advice for their functional areas.
- Develop, implement, and administer compensation policies and programs, recommending solutions or alternative actions to resolve compensation-related problems. Revise compensation processes as needed to optimize results.
- Consult client groups on compensation related issues. Educate client groups on compensation policies and programs.
- Lead functional market pricing initiatives, analyze competitive market data and assure our competitive market position. Review internal equity and prepare proposals to management on salary adjustments.
- Responsible for participation in published compensation surveys throughout the year. Analyze survey output, market trends, and industry competitive pay practices to ensure positions are market competitive and meet overall plan objectives.
- Understand industry compensation practices and new developments. Align compensation programs with business needs, developing creative solutions for business retention and recruitment issues
- Participate in the design and development of new incentive plans to help clients meet their business objectives
- Manage and lead the annual incentive process with client groups
- Bachelor's degree required in business or HR related area AND 5 or more years of Compensation experience
- Full knowledge of compensation practices, principles, concepts, and standards
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems
- Effective time management and prioritization skills to coordinate multiple projects in compressed timelines
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to consult and interface and apply influencing skills
- Ability to constructively challenge the status-quo to achieve better results
- Candidate must possess skills to build consensus and consistency in practices and processes
- Demonstrated ability to network effectively in a matrix organization
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information
- Proficiency in Excel required
- Proficiency in SAP preferred
- Lead and/or participate in various compensation projects as needed
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.