Competitive Intelligence Analyst
Company: The Hartford
Location: Hartford, Connecticut
Posted: September 23, 2017
Reference ID: 1702329
The incumbent will have an important role in building out the Competitive Intelligence function to deliver tactical and strategic market information to support the competitive pricing of Personal Lines products. The incumbent will leverage a deep understanding of the product offerings in the marketplace by being highly collaborative, deeply analytical and engaged in the product market space. The incumbent will analyze and generate intelligence on products, market conditions, competitors and customers for business decision-making. This is a highly visible team that is working on projects that require strong analytical, data management, stakeholder management, and presentation skills.
• Analyze competitors' product features, pricing and performance to derive competitive information for sales and product teams.
• Proactively monitor competitor changes to identify early warning on shifts in the marketplace and how they apply to The Hartford Personal Lines performance.
• Analyze features of competitors' products and compare their performance and pricing strategy to provide recommendations for product development.
• Identify and monitor sources of information on competitors.
• Analyze information from various sources (e.g. InsurQuote, Vertafore, others) and partner with Personal Lines Business Intelligence in the creation of internal data assets whereby sales, marketing and product development can access and obtain information.
• Use product and industry knowledge to provide support in the product development process.
• Provide support in the development of timely competitive marketing pieces that provide our sales team with information necessary to define our product message.
• Assist in the production of detailed comparisons of competitor product structure, rates, and features.
• Act as a resource to other departments in the communication of company and industry insurance product matters.
• Advanced degree in actuarial, computer science, or applied mathematics are a plus.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills. Ability to present/articulate complex business problems and recommendations effectively
• Flexible - ability to work in a dynamic environment on multiple projects, tasks or assignments
• Ability to adopt new ways of looking at problems, processes and solutions
• Ability to build cooperative, productive relationships with internal clients and vendors
• Excellent proficiency in Microsoft applications.
• Experience in Product Management, Pricing, Underwriting, and/or related analytical roles.
• Experience with Comparative Rater software a plus