Job Description: Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software. Determines computer user needs, advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgment and formal software process.Qualifications:
The Intel Compilers and Languages team is looking for world class, dedicated, team-focused developers and quality assurance engineers to enhance our
existing, industry-leading C and Fortran compilers across a wide range of operating systems, and to build a brand new set of innovative, LLVM-based
compilers for both C and Fortran. These compilers are helping Intel expand the capabilities of High Performance Computing, enterprise/cloud computing, and IoT around the globe.
Your day-to-day responsibilities might include developing and maintaining both innovative and standards-compliant features to the compiler front-ends, doing performance analysis and tuning work across a wide variety of workloads, adding support for new Intel processors/platforms, improving the compilers' optimization and parallelization, developing test cases, root causing and fixing defects, and working with customer support engineers to keep our
customers happy and productive.
- Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline
- Fluency in C/C
- Experience with Windows, Linux, or Mac OS
- Knowledge of x86 architecture and assembly language
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and team orientation
- Course work or experience working on compiler-related (especially gcc or LLVM) or system-level software
- Experience interacting with open source communities
- Experience doing application level performance analysis and tuning
- C#/Fortran/Java knowledge
- Experience in IDE integration (Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, Apple XCode)
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.