New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life’s surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
This role will be housed in the Columbus General Office.
• Assist Managing Partner in Agent Supervision
• Complete Unannounced Annual Reviews
• Review incoming correspondence and handle red flags as appropriate
• Review outgoing correspondence
• Conduct Agent and Registered Representative Training, including Annual Firm Element
• Maintain Sales Material Review Procedures
• Train agents on proper file procedures
• Handle complaints
• Follow-up and track compliance and supervision operations
• Handle/maintain registered products
• Prepare for General Office Reviews
• Bachelor Degree
• Minimum 2 years of industry experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of registered and non-registered products
• MUST HAVE SERIES 7 & SERIES 24
• Preferred Series 51 or 53
• Series 65, 66 or ChFC (or obtain within 6 months)
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong analytical skills required
• Must be a self-starter, results-oriented, a team player and be able to prioritize responsibilities
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
*Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
**Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company’s long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.