As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Legal Compliance Manager assists the Director, Legal Affairs-Compliance & Ethics in the design, development, implementation and oversight of T-Mobile's Compliance & Ethics Program.
EducationMinimum RequiredLicense or CertificationCCEP, LPEC, OCEG certification preferred*LI-GA-SH2
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required. Minimum 3-5 years relevant compliance and ethics experience.
- Strong knowledge of legal or regulatory compliance
- Project management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally on legal and regulatory compliance topics to others verbally and in writing
- Ability to analyze information relating to legal and regulatory compliance
- Ability to plan strategically as it relates to the individual, team, and compliance & ethics department responsibilities
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive business information and to maintain high standards of confidentiality related thereto
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to achieve department goals and objectives consistent with the Company's standards of excellence
- Ability to manage multiple and/or shifting priorities, and produce professional and accurate work product, sometimes under time constraints
- Proficient in Microsoft Office or similar software programs, as well as general computer skills for daily activities, research and presentation (power point and template) skills
- Desire to increase learning and gain further expertise in the compliance and ethics field
- Professional compliance and ethics certification from a recognized accreditation authority such as the Ethics & Compliance Initiative (ECI) or Compliance Certification Board is preferred.
- Design and implement tools and processes for inventorying, monitoring and reporting on Compliance & Ethics program controls.
- Work on cross-functional teams and directly with compliance owners to design, develop, implement and monitor risk-specific compliance programs (e.g., Export Controls/Trade) in accordance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Conduct periodic compliance reviews to assess compliance program maturity and effectiveness.
- Monitor internal information sources (e.g., risk assessments, audits, complaints) to identify and report on potential areas of compliance program vulnerability.
- Communicate compliance deficiencies to the affected business units as needed and make recommendations for remediation. Monitor implementation of remediation plans.
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with the business, Legal, Enterprise Risk Management, Internal Audit and various functions that have legal and regulatory compliance responsibilities.
- Assist in the development of compliance program metrics and program documentation, including guidelines, procedures and checklists.
- Support compliance and ethics education, awareness, outreach, and communication throughout the company.
- Assist in the preparation of reports on the Compliance & Ethics program. Assist in the development, design, and maintenance of customized business line reports.
- Independently manage special projects and develop workflows associated with assigned projects
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
A little about us:
Being Magenta means something different to each of us, but whatever our role, we stand together behind the game-changing mission of Team Magenta.