Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
This position reports to and supports the Global Human Resources (GHR) Business Control Executive. Responsibilities include implementing GHR department strategy, including leading the GHR Privacy Office in developing and monitoring all privacy related policies and working closely with the Corporate Privacy Office to ensure we are in compliance and following the Corporate Privacy Office standards; developing, delivering, and monitoring the GHR information security program including compliance with Corporate Information Security (CIS) policies; developing the methodology to execute the Company's SOX compliance and self-testing program; and overall responsibility for the activities encompassed in our business continuity management program. The successful candidate will work closely with and engage in ongoing communication and reporting to GHR Management Team.
- Work closely with the Privacy Office and Legal department on matters of data protection, local regulatory requirements, data incidents, and project related data requirements
- Implement and monitor new or revised policies and controls as described by Corporate Information Security, Global Continuity Services, and the Corporate Privacy Office; provide effective change management within GHR
- Develop and deliver training and awareness of policies, procedures, standards and guidelines in partnership with Head of GHR Compliance
- Work across GHR Shared Services to determine impact and status of open audit deficiencies and lead remedial action plans
- Participate in security reviews and support development of application and operational controls for new and emerging areas of risk
- Liaise across GHR COE's to ensure all vendors and corresponding applications comply with CIS policies;
- Lead efforts to monitor compliance with SOX control objectives across GHR Shared Services, analyzing current controls and suggesting improvement of identified process inefficiencies
- Conduct business impact analyses and assist GHR to determine critical business processes, identify acceptable recovery time periods, and establish resources required for the successful resumption of business operations in the event of a disaster.
- Assure records required for recovery are identified and properly maintained. Coordinate the efforts of staff members in different functional areas in the development of procedures for the continuity of business processes in a disaster situation
- Represent GHR on applicable committees, as required, to positively impact information security, business continuity, and SOX compliance requirements; anticipate internal and/or external business issues impacting areas of accountability; propose innovative solutions that support organization objectives
- This position is located in Boston, MA and will manage a team in Kansas City. Travel will be required.
- Prior managerial experience of people and global process is required
- 10+ years operations and compliance/ audit experience with relevant knowledge of risk management, data privacy, information security, system implementations, business continuity and SOX controls
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong project management, relationship management and communication skills
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) designation a plus and Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP)
Job Opening ID
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.