This role is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for supplier quality risk management, procurement audits, procurement processes and internal compliance programs (i.e., Records Information Management (RIM)); responsible for providing training to Procurement on compliance and risk management programs.
This position is responsible to lead Procurement's compliance initiatives, interacting closely with Environment Health and Safety (EHS), Responsibility, Legal, Technical Operations Procurement and other relevant functions to support Shire's corporate-wide sustainability strategy. The successful candidate will lead compliance and training efforts within Procurement, support procurement staff on processes, related policies and procedures and quality requirements, support internal and external audits, and establish training requirements and programs to ensure compliance through standardization, continuous improvement, alignment and learning. This position will also support local and global Technical Operations Procurement and Supply Chain with analysis, reporting and data preparation, supported by the BI and Analytics and Systems and Tools CoE teams.
As procurement influence is still growing within Shire, the Compliance and Risk Management Procurement Lead will need to work closely with the functional business unit heads and pillar leads to ensure knowledge of and compliance to internal and external compliance policies. The candidate will need to have very strong interpersonal, communications and problem solving skills as they will interact with very senior and high profiled leaders across Shire.
50% of Time - Manage supplier quality and risk monitoring programs and coordinate mitigation efforts with category managers
• Manage third-party quality and risk management service providers and coordinate preparation of monthly KPIs and metrics with Business Intelligence and Analytics Lead
• Maintain Supplier Performance Rating System and analyze/prepare data for further communication
• Manage suppliers monitored for quality and financial risk
• Initiate update of Procurement risk monitoring processes and/or guidelines, if appropriate
• Manage risk mitigation efforts and initiatives
• Support development of training and training materials in order to provide clear and consistent policies and procedures; conduct training as required Lead/support development and maintenance of standardized procurement procedures to support adherence to existing team and new joiners
• Evaluate new or update Supplier Quality procedures to identify impact on procurement processes and to ensure compliance
• Manage financial risk management program (i.e., Rapid Ratings)
• Conduct supplier risk assessments as requested including financial stability and business continuity with support from Business Intelligence and Analytics Senior Specialists
40% of TIme
Ensure compliance to Shire global compliance programs (i.e., Responsibility, Environmental Health and Safety, Records Information Management, Patient-Oriented Programs, Code of Ethics, Ethical Conduct, Anti-Bribery, etc.)
• Monitor emerging sustainability trends, programs and issues
• Provide input on annual sustainability business reviews, reports and surveys as required
• Serve as Procurement's representative on cross-functional teams to ensure Shire's compliance to regulatory requirements impacting manufacturing and supply chain operations and global product environmental regulations (i.e., RoHS, REACH, packaging regulations in Europe, Asia, etc.)
• Serve as Procurement Records and Information Management (RIM) Steward, acting as Global Procurement subject matter expert son records management and assist RIM department in promoting good records management practices within Global Procurement. Participate in meetings and training sessions provided by RIM in order to gain a good understanding of the basic principles of good records management as well as other relevant information to assure compliance and best practice in Global Procurement. Working with RIM, review Global Procurement's Records Retention Schedule to identify and describe the records generated or received Global Procurement. Work with RIM to assist in the development of any specialized training materials for use by Global Procurement regarding RIM Policy Framework
• Ensure Procurement, the Business and Suppliers conduct business ethically, and in accordance with the Shire's Anti Bribery and Corruption and FCPA guidelines. Alert the leadership to any improper practice Initiate update of Procurement compliance processes and/or guidelines, if appropriate
• Create and conduct trainings for the Procurement organization to raise awareness and to ensure compliance to policies
• Measure compliance and conduct remediation as required
• Support and promote supplier diversity
10% Audit Guidance to Procurement and Audit Support
Education & Experience Requirements
• BA or BS required; MBA preferred. Procurement qualifications are a plus (e.g. ISM, IPMM or MCIPS).
• 5 - 7 years of procurement, supply management or supply chain experience.
• Prior working experience in Sustainability with exposure to the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical industry is preferred.
• Proven analytical and technical skills needed to perform independently
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.