In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
The Compliance Associate will be joining the Product and Operational Compliance Team and will be expected to contribute to one or more of the following activities in support of the Company’s Compliance activities:
- New Product Review
- Compliance Program for Registered Separate Accounts
- Third Party Distribution (TPD) Monitoring and Testing of Control Environment
- Suitability of Annuity Transactions
- Third Party Administration (TPA) Oversight
- Records Management
- New Laws and Regulations
- Policy Form Regulation
- Perform monitoring and testing to ensure the effectiveness of established controls designed to mitigate risk and assist in the resolution of any deficiencies identified to ensure an effective regulatory compliance risk management structure.
- Testing and monitoring includes, where applicable, the suitability of annuity transaction (SAT) regulations, rule 38a-1 compliance, and any other required FINRA or state regulation both internally and with any of our third party providers.
- Work with the Life & Annuity Product Development Group to provide a structured and disciplined approach to product development and design from a compliance perspective. Ensure an appropriate level of due diligence is performed prior to offering a product or rider, in addition to ongoing monitoring of these offerings. Ensure new or modified products are thoroughly vetted from a business, regulatory, and compliance perspective.
- Ensure Third Party Distribution (TPD) is meeting their obligations through monitoring and testing of their controls. The monitoring and testing include multiple factors, which include replacement, death, lapse activity, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and SAT certification, undisclosed replacements, broker-dealer due diligence, and fixed annuity review.
- Manage relationships with business customers and leadership, consultants, vendors, and other internal partners.
- Provide information and/or training to end users to help resolve inquiries related to assigned processes, procedures, and/or initiatives.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in the financial services industry (Required)
- Knowledge of the regulatory requirements in the insurance and securities industries (Required)
- FINRA Series 6, 7, 24, 26 or other securities registrations (Preferred)
- We are looking for an individual who is intellectually curious, flexible, adaptable, and centered in his or her relations with superiors and peers
- A strong working knowledge of life insurance, annuity products, and third party distribution;
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to be a business partner and creative thinker capable of understanding and finding appropriate solutions to business needs;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team;
- Strong leadership competencies, and an interest in future management opportunities;
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) competency;
- Successful track record for delivering results in a timely manner.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 43321
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.