Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Job Description Job Description
The Compliance Central COP Team is a newly established component of the overall Compliance Oversight Program (COP) at State Street. A consistent, holistic framework for the central Compliance Functional Teams to identify Regulatory Obligations, assess Compliance Risk, mitigate Compliance Risk, and then report on any and all information that may impact the business aligned Compliance Teams is critical to ensuring that the COP is successful and meaningful at State Street.
In this highly visible role, the Compliance Central COP Consultant, Officer will:
- Partner with the Central COP Manager in establishing a standard COP implementation plan and framework for newly formed Compliance Functional Teams.
- Contribute to the analysis of current Compliance Functional Team practices related to the COP and suggest enhancements and standardization, where appropriate.
- Aid in the identification, documentation, and control design and operating effectiveness evaluations related to the central controls in place to mitigate Privacy Risk.
- Assist with developing a standard COP framework to be used on an ongoing basis by the Compliance Functional Teams which includes, but is not limited to, identifying Regulatory Obligations, assessing Compliance Risk, mitigating Compliance Risk, and reporting to senior Management Committees and the business aligned Compliance Teams.
- Perform Quality Control (QC) reviews over Business Unit privacy processes and controls.
- Perform Monitoring & Surveillance (M&S) over central processes and controls executed by the Privacy Office.
- Works with the Compliance Methodology Team and the Quality Assurance Function to monitor and assess alignment of approach for the Compliance Functional Teams with the COP Procedures.
- Support and advise the Functional Compliance Teams on the overall quality of their adherence to the corporate wide COP methodology.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Business and Compliance leadership.
- Ad-hoc projects as requested by management.
- Travel may be required - less than 25%.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 2-3 years work experience with risk assessment and internal control methodology
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate with and appropriately influence all levels of management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong customer focus
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.