At Verizon, we innovate constantly to help the biggest names in business do business – quicker and smarter. It takes vision. It takes focus. And we apply both every bit as much to the way we do business too. The brightest minds, the latest technologies and pioneering processes are combining to enhance this critical business function at our Center for Excellence. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
National Compliance is responsible for overseeing Verizon Wireless policies, processes, people and systems and partner with business leaders to identify and mitigate financial, operational, legal, regulatory and reputational risks facing the business unit. The Consultant of Risk Management is responsible for designing, building and maintaining a tool to aggregate enterprise-wide risk assessments of the functional departments and developing analytics for Compliance, Internal Audit and business leaders to leverage to assess the priority of risks to guide leadership in the allocation of resources (people, systems, analytics, etc) necessary to reduce existing, new and emerging threats to the business.
- Serve as the point of contact for all Internal Audit leaders, demonstrating familiarity with a broad variety of complex processes, systems and technologies regarding risk management.
- Support the management of all aspects of risk inherent in the Wireless organization and conduct analysis related to the scope of work performed based on the prioritization of those risks. Be the Subject Matter Expert for the Compliance risk assessment rating methodology and distribution of changes to risk scoring methodology based upon strategic changes to the business.
- Support the development, design and implementation of risk rating strategy and act on recommendations in preparation of the quarterly Compliance Governance Council.
- Implement and maintain an application to manage rated risks of all processes within 40+ functional departments that will serve as a consolidated to for Compliance Risk Management.
- Develop and execute effective analytics to support business priorities and perceived risks to profitability and asset protection.
- Support leadership in the evolution of Compliance strategy to improve financial performance, including the design of analytics to monitor potential new and developing threats, and the enhancement of the control environment.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with Internal Audit and Compliance resources. Aggregate and communicate timely and accurate information regarding improvement actions and Compliance findings to management for VP presentations. Prepare presentations communicating risks mitigated, and the potential impacts of unmitigated risks to management.
- Provide leadership in developing and completing thorough and accurate analytics based on sound data. Mentor and guide Sr. Analysts across the Compliance organization on risk rating methodology to further develop methodology and team skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Criminal Justice, Math, or Information Systems; or equivalent work experience.
- Three or more years of work experience with a concentration in operational Compliance, business controls or Finance.
- Experience driving complex solutions and analytics to provide ongoing and automated monitoring of key risks.
- Experience formulating, affecting, interpreting and implementing policies and processes to ensure a strong control environment.
- Working knowledge of statistics, reporting and analytical tools (Tableau, Cognos, Idea, Excel) with the ability to perform in-depth analyses of large datasets to identify activities that require compliance investigation.
- Experience leveraging auditing principles and methods to evaluate policies, processes and systems to identify business risks and control gaps.
- Project management experience with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently leveraging organization and time-management skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint for analytics and presentation.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A Professional certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to explain confidential and complex issues and make recommendations to leadership.
- Strong analytical, investigative, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated organizational, facilitation, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, on multiple assignments, with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and guide others to further develop individual and team skills.
- Experience with report writing/database software such as Cognos Impromptu and Teradata SQL Assistant.
- Risk Management software experience (e.g. Archer).
- Telecommunications experience.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.