Corporate Compliance & Ethics Counsel, North America ________________________________________________________________________ About the Position:
The Corporate Compliance & Ethics Counsel, North America will report to the Regional Compliance & Ethics Officer, North America and will play an active role in the implementation and continuous improvement of the compliance program for Oracle's North America business (public sector and commercial). You will be a significant individual contributor (non-manager) that will be tasked to run elements of the program to include handling Oracle Helpline complaints and investigations; political compliance (lobbyist reporting requirements and relationship with Oracle Government Affairs); and North America approvals for gifts, events, sponsorships and other compliance-related issues. You should have significant experience and expertise in corporate compliance, internal investigations, the FAR provisions on business ethics and business practices, the Procurement Integrity Act, organizational conflicts of interest, federal and state laws on gifting and entertainment for government officials, lobbying laws, and campaign finance laws.
- Running internal compliance investigations.
- Handling compliance for government procurement consultants and lobbyists to include reviewing contracts, training, and ensuring that reporting deadlines are met.
- Advising on political donations and charitable activities.
- Handling compliance for public sector business partners.
- Responding to government requests for certifications and representations relating to compliance.
- Assisting in the review of approval requests for gifts, events, sponsorships and other compliance-related issues.
- Reviewing new hires for adherence to post-government employment rules and regulations.
- Developing and providing training to business groups.
- Monitoring and evaluating new statutory and regulatory compliance requirements.
This is not a comprehensive list, and the role may develop to include additional or different responsibilities. Preferred Qualifications:
- 5 years of relevant experience in corporate compliance or a related field, including experience in conducting internal investigations; experience in government, a nationally recognized law firm, and/or corporate law department or compliance program an advantage.
- J.D. degree from top U.S. law school.
- Knowledge of FAR and DFARS
- Knowledge of U.S. federal and state/local ethics laws relating to gifting and entertainment for government officials.
- Knowledge of lobbying laws and campaign finance laws.
- Excellent writing, analysis and speaking as well as social skills, including the ability to communicate with internal and external parties (HR, internal audit, finance, etc.) in a manner that builds, maintains and improves positive and productive working relationships.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with process design/improvements and the aptitude to improve use of technology to support sustainable and efficient processes.
- High level of initiative, good judgment and an unwavering moral compass.
- Language skills (Canadian French) are a plus.
Location : Portland, OR; Burlington, MA; Reston, VA
As part of Oracle's standard employment process, candidates will undergo a complete background check prior to an offer being extended. These background checks are conducted by a professional third party firm at no charge to the applicant and include: prior employment verification, education verification, social security trace, criminal background check and motor vehicles records (where required for position).
Oracle Supports Workforce DiversityQualifications:
Provide legal support across all lines of business enabling profitable growth while mitigating legal risks and assure adherence to governance policies, ethics, and country specific laws and regulations
Responsible for providing legal advice to the organization. Close liaison to business in providing a variety of corporate and commercial legal services. May perform litigation on Oracle's behalf or coordinates litigation and other legal, administrative or investigative actions handled by outside counsel. May draft, review, and negotiate major and/or non-standard technology contracts with public and private sector customers, including licensing agreements, professional services agreements, and cloud services agreements. May advise on legal issues involving government and regulatory compliance. Responds to ad hoc queries to include identification, analysis, and evaluation of risks in order to provide appropriate legal solutions. Works closely with other lawyers throughout Oracle and coordinates legal matters handled by outside lawyers. Demonstrates deep general commercial or functional knowledge across a wide range of sub disciplines within the individual's specialty area(s), (e.g., general corporate law, antitrust/competition law, securities compliance and regulatory, employment law, immigration law, cloud transactions, data privacy, risk management asset-backed financing, contract management, intellectual property, trade secrets, advertising law, registration and other resolutions specific to the computer and technology industry)
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years related experience. Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar background is a plus for roles within certain sub disciplines. Completed law degree and member of bar association in relevant jurisdictions. Excellent legal skills and business judgment in areas of responsibility. Proficient writing skills.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.