• 10 years in Engineering and Plant Operations. Familiarity with biopharm mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, computer and process equipment.
• Demonstrated project management expertise
• Understanding of the requirements of a Pharma/regulated environment.
• Broad knowledge of the engineering professional environment and associated disciplines /skills.
• Able to communicate effectively at 360 degrees and with various external parties.
• Accountable for upholding agreed standards of practice with TP13 preferred
• Relevant previous experience of managing diverse project teams in a dynamic manufacturing environment
• Good understanding across multiple functions
• Good understanding of business processes.
• Strong planning and program management skills
• Effective organization, communication, presentation and influencing skills
o Strong engineering technical skills in mechanical, chemical, and electrical / computer disciplines
o Extensive knowledge of biopharmaceutical equipment and manufacturing processes (including controls)
o Demonstrated effective management of significant capital and ownership of systems subject to audits from oversight groups and regulatory bodies.
o Demonstrated capability of leading large matrix organizations with excellent communication, influencing, and coaching abilities at all levels within the organization
o Leadership skills that enable the introduction of new ways of working and accelerated change management
o Proven capability to lead and motivate teams (line & matrix; and multi-disciplinary & cross-functional) to deliver business solutions and benefits
o Demonstrate initiative, creative, and analytical problem solving skills - ability to use and interpret data to drive decision making at both tactical and strategic level
This role will lead the engineering statutory and compliance activities for site and own the site engineering standards, specifications, and auditable compliance framework. This role will be ultimately responsible for site engineering adherence to all GSK global engineering and EHS standards and manage all activities and budgets required to keep our adherence excellent. This role will be primary interface above site to central standards teams and across sites to peer engineering compliance managers to ensure consistency in our program and initiatives. This role will also be primary interface between site engineering and EHS functions to assure proper and timely engineering execution of EHS capital projects, EHS suggestions, actions from safety incidents, PTW, and EHS compliance initiatives. The role will also own major engineering compliance initiatives arising from engineering blue chips (such as PCCE, Basis of Safety, Process Safety, Legionella, and Boilers) and major compliance events (TP13). This role will is recognized as the technical expert in process safety related to site engineering and thus own programs such as RBI and hazardous area classification. Finally, this role will own and be ultimately responsible for all engineering support systems (MERP PM, PM deviations, drawing management, turnover packages, Webtop, ACRs / Test Plans) as they pertain to compliance. Due to the role's criticality and centrality to the site's engineering performance, it will serve on the site's engineering leadership team.
• Lead the engineering statutory and compliance activities for site which includes establishing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and report monthly progress against targets:
o GESs, Eng. Alerts, Eng. Blue Chips, TP13
• Own the site engineering standards, specifications, auditable compliance framework, and QMS systems and adherence to all GSK global engineering and EHS standards including
• Manage all engineering activities and budgets required for above.
• Own major engineering compliance initiatives and events.
• Be recognized as the technical expert in process safety related to site engineering.
• Responsible for all engineering support systems as they pertain to compliance.
• Primary interface with central engineering, site EHS, and other site's compliance managers
• Participate and be part of site engineering leadership team
• To lead the training, standard work, and performance management to ensure that engineering activities are performed consistently in a safe and efficient manner compliant to all statutory and GSK standards
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.