Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
This position can be located in Stamford, CT or Boston, MA
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is the asset management business of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, with a heritage dating back over two centuries.
The Market Surveillance team monitors Trading activities globally.
- Daily review of Trade Surveillance Reports for FX and other asset classes
- Escalate cases and ensure remediation action
- Investigation of potential violations using cross-channel communications and transaction platforms
- Assess and investigate false positives for potential improvements
- Case management and documentation
- Implementation of new strategic monitoring initiatives, processes and procedures
- Data analysis and reporting
- Propose improvements to monitoring processes
- Work with Compliance staff on cases, requirements and change requests
- Keep up with trends and news related to the markets and market surveillance space
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
- Degree in Finance, Business or Economics preferred.
- Strong Excel/PowerPoint
- SharePoint, Microsoft Access preferred
- Experience in the following areas strongly preferred: Trading, Operations, communications and trade surveillance
- Tech savvy, quick learner, detail oriented
- Curious, passion for problem-solving/investigation
- Knowledge of principal and/or agency businesses
- Strong background in data analysis and reporting
- Passion for investigation and problem-solving
- Strong ability to work with large sets of data and uncover trends and outliers
- Proficiency in Bloomberg Vault, Symantec Compliance Accelerator or NICE Actimize a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of other languages desired. Cantonese, Mandarin and Japanese.
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.