Component Design Engineer
Component Design Engineers are responsible for the design and development of electronic components. Responsibilities may include: the design of chip layout circuit design, circuit checking, device evaluation and characterization, documentation of specifications, prototype construction and checkout, modification and evaluation of semiconductor devices and components, performing developmental and/or test work, reviewing product requirements and logic diagrams, planning and organizing design projects or phases of design projects, responding to customer/client requests or events as they occur, developing solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment.
Job Description Summary
The successful candidate will work closely with a cross-functional team of engineers in the Non-volatile memory Solutions Group with goal to integrate 3D XPoint memory into Intel products. The job scope will span various functional areas such as memory array characterization and development, memory management firmware development and validation, and memory management hardware architecture definition.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- The candidate must be near completing a PhD degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or any related field.
- 6 months of experience in computer programming, including an ability to process and analyze large data sets.
- 6 months of experience in physics and statistics.
- 6 months of experience in non-volatile memory and related applications such as Solid State Drives.
- 6 months of experience in non-volatile memory such as NAND Flash memory, resistive RAM.
- 6 months of experience in non-volatile memory management and error correction techniques used in Solid State Drives.
- 6 months of experience in hands-on characterization and modeling of electronic devices such as CMOS transistors, flash memory.
Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
California, Santa Clara;
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.