At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Exelon Nuclear is looking for a Component Specialist-Rotating Equipmment at our Braidwood Station in Braceville, IL (65 miles, SW of Chicago, IL)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Functions as the site Rotating Equipment Specialist and Lube Oil/Lubricant Analyst. Responsible for evaluating complex plant mechanical equipment degradation issues, coordinating component reliability improvements employing preventive, predictive and proactive techniques and component maintenance program optimization for plant rotating equipment. Additional responsibilities include equipment performance monitoring and equipment reliability, as well as equipment component troubleshooting. The Rotating Equipment Specialist role in PM optimization and equipment performance improvement is critical to controlling site maintenance resources and preserving key Site equipment assets.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform Field walk down inspections and analyses for all rotating equipment. Provide consulting to Maintenance department in troubleshooting & repair
- Provide expert analysis and support of plant rotating equipment condition assessment and maintenance. Manage Lube Oil/Lubricant program application, analyses and reporting.
- Assume component ownership for all plant rotating equipment and perform periodic equipment condition assessment and update the component health status in the station CHIP report.
- Participate in performing CAP and PEP program analyses, resolution development and implementation for rotating equipment issues.
- Provide budget and business plan input (short term and long term) for rotating equipment and vibration/acoustic technology requirements.
- Participate in working group activities with Fleet peers. Sharing experiences and lessons learned and incorporating Fleet best practices.
-4 year technical degree and a minimum of 8 years of utility or related industry experience
-2-year technical degree with a minimum of 10 years utility or related industry experience. (2 years as FLS or equivalent naval training (Chief status) can substitute for 2 year degree)
-6 years of rotating equipment maintenance experience
- Level II Lube Oil Certification with a minimum of 6 years experience in vibration monitoring and diagnostics or Level I Lube Oil Certification with a minimum of 6 years experience in Lube Oil monitoring and diagnostics
- Certification must meet the requirements in the American Society of Nondestructive Testing guideline SNT - TC-1A. If not certified, must attain Level II certification within 24 months
- Must have good interdepartmental communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong personal computer (PC) skills
- Rotating equipment design knowledge
- Responsible for component ownership which includes on going equipment condition assessment and performing continuous reliability improvement as well as management of associated O&M Costs for rotating plant equipment. Maintaining communication and working relationships with the respective system engineer/manager & maintenance disciplines to ensure appropriate operations and maintenance decisions are made is a primary responsibility. Managing the application of Lube Oil sampling/monitoring technology and providing expert analysis (level II) will be expected.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster