Work with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality digital communication solutions that are aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization’s architectural standards. Involved in all phases of the full composition of digital communications life cycle. Responsible to develop communication solutions in GMC Inspire, Prinova MessagePoint and OpenText Exstream composition tools. Implement documents into composition tools following design standards. Create logic to meet business rules that drive content options. Expert in document composition development. Activities include following design, composition coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications. Participate in composition and data architecture design.
- Analysis/Design: Analyzes moderately complex business requirements. Interpret business requirements and prepare composition for documents and electronic communication projects.
- Coding: Develop and maintain applications in GMC Inspire, Prinova MessagePoint, or OpenText Exstream Dialogue composition tools. Apply object oriented programming principles to design and development efforts in an effort to re-use existing code. Conduct and participates in code walkthroughs.
- Testing: Execute system and system integration test plans. Assist quality assurance testing teams.
- Communication: Provide input to peers, management and customers for recommendations and alternate solutions and/or improvements. Convey problems, solutions, updates and project status to their peers, customers and management.
- Documentation: Prepare design documentation for the design projects assigned. Ensure that the scope and intent of the design architecture is clearly reflected and accounted for in the supporting documentation for the Developers.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.