Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. Driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
The Compound Management Scientist will be responsible for the operation and management of automated compound storage and retrieval systems as well as large automated lab equipment necessary to accomplish the business critical function of Compound Management. Responsibilities include interfacing with industrial grade lab automation, execution of work orders, tracking of metrics, quality control of instrumentation, utilization of inventory management software and communication with the scientific community. Experience with improving workflows and large automated equipment required .
This position could be initially based at the Wallingford, CT site and will be relocated to the Hopewell, NJ site in 2017. Qualifications:
- MS in Science, Engineering, Information Management or a related field with 10 years of experience or BS with 13 years' experience is required.
- 8 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries is highly preferred.
- A broad technical background is required, particularly hands-on experience with systems such as Inventory Management Applications (Titian Mosaic), Data Visualization (Spotfire), BonitaSoft, Oracle, and SharePoint.
- Experience with capturing and analyzing business requirements in the drug research domain is required.
- Detailed experience and understanding of the drug discovery and development process is required, with a particular emphasis on compound / inventory management, operational data analytics, high throughput screening and/or lead optimization workflows.
- Must have experience interacting with scientists directly and building relationships across matrixed organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in the use and support of robust, maintainable software.
- Working experience with standard software development methodologies and lifecycles.
- Understanding IT aspects for inventory management and lead identification, including instrumentation/automation, laboratory workflow, and data analysis/visualization is highly preferred.
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.