Compounder 1 – 3rd Shift (1 of 2)
Johnson & Johnson Los Angeles Plant develops, manufactures and markets premium skin and hair care products sold worldwide and recommended by medical professionals. The product line includes bar and liquid cleansers, shampoo, hand cream, body lotion, facial moisturizers, sun protection and cosmetics, as well as other hair and skin care products.
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Compounder 1 – 3rd Shift, located in Los Angeles, California.
The Compounder 1 will:
• Comply with Johnson & Johnson policies, procedures, quality standards, Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), as well as safety and environmental regulations
• Operate machines that mix, blend, or compound chemicals to specified standards according to formula
• Responsible for weighing, measuring, and loading ingredients and check mixture for specified consistency
• Set or adjust machine settings for proper operations, time, speed, color, temperature and any other variable
• Perform blending, filtration, drying, compounding, or other related activities and is also responsible for cleaning the mixing machine or compounding equipment
• Monitor compounding equipment and perform troubleshooting, while following policies and procedures regarding equipment, components, and finished goods
• Accurately document downtime log sheets, batch records and reconciliation forms and performing assigned SAP transactions
• Maintain specification requirements, adjust equipment to meet specifications, and perform frequent quality inspections and document the inspections
• Report decisions, problems, and questions to Group Leader and/or Team Leader in a timely manner
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment, while adhering to the principles of First In First Out(FIFO) and Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO)
• Communicate with line crew to assure complete understanding of issues, problems, changes or other challenges, effectively perform shift changeovers, train new Compounders, maintain efficient Compounding Operation by solving process problems and adjusting equipment, partner with Support Compounder, verify receipt of correct components and perform other duties as assigned by management
A minimum of a High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or higher is required; Associates degree preferred.
Experiences and Skills:
• A minimum of 2 years of compounding manufacturing operations or related experience is required
• Experience using basic workshop tools such as screwdrivers and wrenches is required
• 1 year of standup forklift experience is preferred
• Experience with SAP and/or Pre-Weigh technology and procedures is preferred
• Experience in a regulatory environment is preferred
• Experience with skin care, emulsions, chemicals, and/or preservatives manufacturing is preferred.
• Experience compounding with large kettles, over 4000 Kilos is preferred
• PH or Viscosity testing experience is preferred
This candidate will able to contribute to a productive and cooperative atmosphere, show commitment to team objectives, handle day-to-day work challenges and manage multiple tasks and competing demands. This candidate will be able to speak and write clearly and concisely, listen carefully and seek clarification. This candidate will be able to create documents that are complete and accurate and serve as an expert on job and procedures.
This candidate will work in an environment where the noise level is usually loud. This candidate will perform repetitive and non-repetitive work. While performing the duties of this job, this candidate will be required to stand or walk for prolonged periods of time, use hands and fingers, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, talk or hear. This candidate will frequently be required to reach with hands and arms, push and pull objects, and to move within and between the buildings. The candidate will occasionally be required to crouch or crawl and must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This candidate must be able to view objects closely and use a computer terminal to access, input, and retrieve data.
United States-California-Los AngelesOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function