- Design, implement and execute state-of-the-art bioinformatic tools for the collection, curation, analysis, mining and visualization of complex biological data.
- Identify pharmacological mechanisms and adverse outcome pathways that are related to the observation of in vivo toxicity, and propose actionable and testable solutions
- Enable the design and selection of high-quality drug candidates through the identification of project-related safety liabilities and application of validated in silico and in vitro tools.
Qualifications EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Integrate into early discovery project teams, assist in the identification of on- and off-target pharmacology risks and identify de-risking strategies
- Develop and apply bioinformatic tools to assist in the curation, analysis and visualization of large-scale, complex toxicological datasets from multiple sources
- Work collaboratively on computational projects across multiple disciplinary areas, including DMPK, medicinal chemistry, drug safety and pharmacology
- Design new computational biology tools and applications that are relevant to the design of drugs with the safest pharmacological profile
- Drive the improvement of early risk assessment strategies through the identification of toxicological pathways that are applicable across all therapeutic areas
- Develop and maintain global platforms that integrate internal and external bioinformatic tools and models
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics or equivalent
- Passion to decrease safety related attrition in drug discovery
- Demonstrated experience in data curation, data mining and an ability to interrogate, interpret, and visualize large and diverse, biological and toxicological datasets
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop and implement computational workflows starting from raw data through analysis, hypothesis generation and visualization
- Understanding of all aspects of drug discovery including cell and molecular biology, medicinal chemistry and basic principles of drug pharmacokinetics and metabolism
- Demonstrated experience in leveraging in silico methodologies to drive drug discovery projects
- Familiarity with proteomic and genomic data analysis and systems biology software
- Experience with programming and scripting languages (e.g. Perl, C/C++, Java, R, Python)
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work effectively in a matrix, global environment as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Skilled in clearly communicating complex computational approaches and methodology to non-computational scientists
- Pre-clinical or clinical drug safety experience is desirable
- Strong, written, oral communication and influencing skills are essential
we are driven to improve people's lives www.takedajobs.com Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
- 10%, both domestic and international possible
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered, supported and inspired to use their unique talents toward our mission to serve patients.