CFD Analysis Engineer (CAE III - E3)
The Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) Center of Excellence at Applied Material is seeking outstanding engineer in CFD Analysis for hardware and process development of Semiconductor manufacturing equipment. We are looking for outstanding engineers with strong CFD modeling skills in fluid flow, reactive flows and thermal analysis, who is eager to use simulations to solve complex problems and test the hypotheses. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance. Required Qualifications and Skills
- MS (with 3-5 years of experience) or PhD (with 1-3 years of experience) in chemical or mechanical engineering
- Must have in-depth knowledge of CFD, fluid dynamics, thermal and reactive flows
- Expert user of commercially available CFD analysis tools such as CFD-ACE and/or Fluent
- Expert in using scripting languages such as Python and Matlab
- Excellent communication skills, Knowledge in writing test plans and reports.
- Knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing equipment and processes (especially CVD and ALD processes)
- Work experience in semiconductor industry is plus
- Develop CFD models to analyze the problems related to flow/reactive flow and thermal environment.
- Interpret analysis results with respect to results obtained by lab testing procedures, converting these results into practical design suggestions
- Works on difficult CAE problems to assist product development
- Works on identifying product design and development problems where CAE analysis can accelerate development
- Proactively validates/correlates results with real world data and makes model improvements as deemed necessary
- Very good understanding of business unit processes and hardware; good knowledge of data analysis techniques to summarize CAE data
- Generates high-level engineering test reports and presents CAE results/conclusions to the design/process engineering community
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.