Under moderate supervision of the Data Processing Manager responsible for monitoring all computer systems system jobs and connected devices in the data processing area in order to contribute to the success of daily data operations.
- Responsible for printing output and distribution of reports and other documents to both internal and external customers.
- Monitors computer system system jobs and connected devices and quickly identifies problems or errors; ensures quick resolution by correcting problems or immediately notifying supervisor or technical support.
- Retrieves moves inserts into machines and stores input and output media such as magnetic tapes and diskettes with due care for integrity of data.
- Produces system backup daily and executes backup utilities to copy from disk to tape.
- Manipulates printer spool files and output queues in order to process reports and documents on required print devices.
- Sets up and operates computer peripheral devices such as printers and tape drives; monitors the system for error messages and ensures efficiency.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment according to user manuals and installation standards such as changing printer ribbons and vacuuming printers.
- Monitors utilization of paper forms and ribbons; notifies responsible party when supplies need to be ordered.
- Submits job requests based on appropriate computer schedule.
- Develops and implements new processes and procedures when necessary.
- Maintains an organized work area to help ensure that computer room remains clean and to help prevent work related injuries.
- Must be able to work overtime when necessary.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires some training in fields such as business administration accountancy sales marketing computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a two year Associate's Degree program technical vocational training or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires one (1) to two (2) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
- Strong computer skills in order to operate effectively with company systems and programs; knowledge of AS400 Microsoft Word Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of data processing equipment and peripheral devices such as printers copiers hand held and order entry units.