The Computer Systems Technician (CST) is an hourly position, reporting to the Electrical Maintenance Team Leader and is a member of the Facilities Engineering Team. The CST installs, maintains, and troubleshoots all industrial computer-controlled processes in the facility. The CST develops, writes, ests & implements programming logic & modifications for industrial process control systems and HIM's including graphics. Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs process control instrumentation and systems, including robotic systems. The CST also installs, trouble shoots, and repairs industrial electrical components and systems as needed and provides supports for the PCS job duties.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Retrieve work schedules and orders, and enter information into SAP for work performed and time conformation.
- Perform maintenance, repairs, construction, layouts, disassembly, installation, analysis, and troubleshooting of all computerized process control equipment and systems.
- Perform maintenance, repairs, installation, and troubleshooting for automated and robotic process systems and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair process control instrumentation and related equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of PLC control systems including Allen-Bradley ControlLogix, MicroLogiix, CompactLogix, SLC, PLC5, and Siemens S7.
- Perform general electrical maintenance, troubleshooting, installations, and repairs on motors, motor starters, motor controls and other general industrial electrical equipment.
- Work from information obtained on engineering drawings, electrical diagrams, simple and complex sketches, other related documents, and verbal field instructions needed to perform assigned duties.
- Perform operation and basic programming of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), HMI's and Process Data Collection Systems specifically Rockwell Automation, Allen-Bradley, Siemens, and Aspentech products.
- Maintain programming documentation and flow diagrams for historical information.
- Provide technical support to projects to improve, upgrade, or modify process controls, instrumentation, and automated systems.
- Interface with plant IS/IT technician to ensure computer based process control systems are compatible with plant IS/IT architecture and comply with corporate IS/IT standards and rules.
- Participate in the Reliability based and TPM
- Programs for process control equipment and systems.
- Complete records and reports as required.
- Provide relief to other roles, as required.
- Use tools, meters, test equipment, and specialized equipment in the course of performing daily job responsibilities.
- Maintain performance level according to given targets and required safety engagement expectations.
- Perform job tasks in a manor to reduce adverse impact to the environment and adhere to environmental regulations and recycling procedures for waste disposal and all chemical usage and waste.
- Perform cleanup duties including, but not limited to, equipment areas, workstations, etc.
- Perform all and other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by the Maintenance Team Leader or Facilities Engineering Leader.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Must possess good organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Must work well in team environment
- Must be able to secure and maintain certifications as specified below in the Required Training section
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have a general knowledge of algebra and basic trigonometry wit h the ability to do mathematical calculations as required by computer software and design standards, and intermediate electrical functions.
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- General computer skills including Microsoft Office Products including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Knowledge of Microsoft Access and Project is a plus.
- Must be able to work with and troubleshoot computer hardware applications, software applications, including computer architecture, networking, and software development, specifically Rockwell Automation, Allen-Bradley, Siemens, and Kuka Robotic systems and products.
- Utilize SAP for data entry and reporting purposes.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- Minimum high school diploma, or equivalent is required
- Intermediate or industrial electrical/skills or prior qualification as a PCS
- 2 yr Associate degree in an industrial electrical, electronic, or instrumentation, or 4 years related experience and/or training in an industrial or manufacturing environment. A combination college and experience will be given consideration.
- Must be a US citizen or have the right to work in the US
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be drug and alcohol free