Greetings, students! We're geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you're applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!Quest Objectives
Blizzard is looking for an Intern to support the Overwatch team. The concept artist intern must be prepared to design characters, environments, fx studies, weapons, and mechanical concepts. This includes sketching, line art, and full painting design formats. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of anatomy, form, function, and 3D perspective, and possesses a solid grasp of the unique elements of Blizzard's distinctive visual style. Intern Guild Requirements
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or planning to enroll in Fall 2017
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work full-time hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 - August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 - September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Passion for creating outstanding concept art
- Highly proficient with Photoshop or other 2D art and painting programs
- A good understanding of character design, perspective, lighting, and color theory
- Experience with the creation of orthographics for characters, sets, or props
- Understanding of Overwatch's distinctive visual style, and a passion to push it to the next level
- Able to communicate well and work under supervision
- Excellent work ethic and eager to learn
- Majoring in a related field (art, animation, visual effects, etc.)
- A passion for Blizzard's games and related universes
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic ability
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.