Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world. Description Position Summary:
This is highly skilled and semi-skilled trades and supervisory work in the maintenance, repair and alteration of buildings, grounds, utilities and equipment. Employees in this classification are experts in their field and perform minor supervisory, as well as skilled trades work in other fields. Work includes, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, electronics, electricity, painting, plumbing, lubrication, mechanical, building construction and renovations. Work assignments are general in nature and are performed under limited supervision. Maintenance Mechanic III usually works alone and may provide minor supervision for one to three employees within this class or related classes on specific assignments that require assistance. Essential Functions:
Status and Scope:
- Performs facility maintenance and alteration work including, but not limited to: HVAC installations, repairs and maintenance, repairing control systems, heating and/or air conditioning repairs, repairing burners, steam fitting, brazing, rebuilding pumps and valves, and related work at an expert level.
- Performs preventive maintenance and repairs on heating, ventilating and cooling systems, pneumatic and/or digital controls systems and mechanical machinery.
- Interprets oral and written instructions specifications, diagrams, codes and manufactures literature.
- Inspects equipment and machinery to determine proper functioning.
- Must be able to work on ladders, scaffolding, elevated platforms or buckets, catwalks, crawl spaces, tunnels, ledges and roofs.
- Moves equipment and installs equipment in new location that may require the installation of service lines.
- Assists in operating and maintaining a computer based planned preventative maintenance program for building equipment, and maintenance and repairs scheduling, under the general supervision of the Facilities Manager.
- Lubricates equipment and checks for malfunction.
- Performs snow removal operations as directed by the Superintendent or Foreman.
- Assists in the preparation of labor and material estimates.
- Maintains general maintenance and repair records.
- Performs related work as required.
- Performs other duties as required in an emergency or as assigned
Reports to Facilities Supervisor or Facilities Manager Qualifications Qualifications:
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Considerable knowledge of the standard practices, methods, tools and materials of the heating, ventilating and air conditioning, controls, and mechanical repair trade. Considerable knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the HVAC trade including city and state codes; some knowledge of the practices, methods, tools and materials of the carpentry, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and masonry trades. Ability to work from sketches, blue prints, Architectural or Engineering plans.
- Understand and effectively follow oral and written instructions.
- Demonstrate skill in the use of tools, materials and equipment common to the HVAC trade.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently direct the activities of other employees within the class or related classes.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and written.
- High school graduate, technical/ trade school diploma or equivalent educational training.
- Five or more years experience in HVAC construction and/or maintenance field is the minimum requirement.
Shall possess and maintain:
- A valid driver's license to operate motor vehicles
- Universal EPA certificate is a must
- Proficant in MS Office Software
- May be assigned to wear a respirator and/or self contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) as needed.
- Some experience with CMMS and BAS software in preferred.
- Certification of OSHA 40 hour training (HAZWOPR) preferred but not required.
Telephone, Calculator, Computer, hand-held radio, company motor vehicles, various power tools and maintenance-related equipment Travel Requirements:
Little or No Travel (>10%) Lifting Requirements:
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.