Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for the configuration of all devices placed at Comcast Business MES client sites.
This includes firewall/routers, layer 2 and layer 3 enabled switches, Access Points (AP), cellular routers, VoIP phones, Uninterruptible Power Supplies, and other devices deployed by MES.
Uses both command line interface (CLI) and graphical user interface (GUI) methods to build and modify device settings
- Uses laptop connectivity to configure routers, firewalls, AP and switches.
- Uses Putty or HyperTerminal type client software to enter command line statements via serial interface to routers, firewalls, etc.
- Troubleshoots issues with new or returned network equipment to initiate Return Merchandise Authorizations (RMA) with device manufacturers.
- Submits Manufacturer Support Tickets and work with their Support Technicians to resolve equipment problems.
- Prioritizes and manages Project Team requests for equipment configuration.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work weekends, variable schedules(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Associate Degree in Networking or Equivalent Experience
- Network Engineering and/or Design
- CISCO/CCENT or CCNA preferred
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer