What you will do
What we look for Required
- Perform certain job setup duties in the accounting software(s) including configuring billings
- Prepare, code and interface field purchase orders.
- Assist with production of owner contracts and change orders.
- Process subcontractor change orders at the direction of the Project Manager.
- Process and initiate payments for subcontractor pay applications.
- Process vendor invoices for payment.
- Assist in the preparation of final records for the project and archive project files.
- Assist with project cost audits Monitor, reconcile and adjust accounts payable.
- WIP (Work in Process) tool training and support/Entry of Time Solutions and E-Commerce Customer orders
- Coordinate Vendors and SimplexGrinell products
o Preparation of monthly payment applications
o Preparation of Waivers of Lien and affidavits
o Reconciliation of project
o Analysis of job cost and problem solving Preferred Education:
• Associate's Degree, Certification or proven equivalent professional administrative experience Experience:
• 2+ years of experience in contract administration or in a related area preferred Skills:
• Applicant should have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the construction field
• Effective writing skills, teamwork, legal compliance, understanding of contracts desired
• Experience in Fire and Security or Construction industry a plus
• Strong PC literacy, advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, or PowerPoint
• A strong work ethic and ability to communicate effectively with upper management
• Ability to navigate through matrix organization and multi-task, problem-solve, and adapt to change in a fast-paced dynamic environment
• Customer service mindset and high interpersonal savvy and approachability
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou