Posted: November 25, 2016
Reference ID: 1969601880
A Construction Estimator job in Houston, Texas is available courtesy of Adecco Engineering and Technology. Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent related education and ten years construction estimating experience with a detailed understanding of estimate preparation for direct and indirect portions of the estimates, in environmental remediation or similar.
Responsible for estimation of environmental remediation and geotechnical construction projects and the performance of all facets of bid preparation. Work from the corporate office in Houston, TX and manage all estimating work for the west region and travel as needed to meet with project management teams and clients at construction projects as assigned along the west coast.
Construction Estimator job responsibilities include:
• Coordinate development of estimates ranging from time and material to lump sum and unit pricing estimates for both the environmental and geotechnical divisions of the organization
• Work closely with project managers, construction managers, engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on their understanding of the scope-of-work, changes, potential "requests for information" and adjustments to cost estimates prior to proposal
• Analyze Requests for Proposals, plans, amendments and other documentation to determine scope of work and content to establish costs, preparation time, schedules, materials, design and labor estimates and review all documentation for accuracy and competitive bidding
• Consult with clients, vendors and construction team members to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve problems
• Maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
• Coordinate efforts with project managers to develop work crews and production rates for performance of required tasks and the maintenance of the database of actual costs (both direct and indirect) for comparison (i.e. comparison of estimates to "as performed" similar work)
• Present and defend estimates to Estimating Manager, Program Managers, members of executive management and other team members as required
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent related education/work experience estimating environmental remediation projects, project management experience would be a plus
• Ten years construction estimating experience with a detailed understanding of estimate preparation for direct and indirect portions of the estimates, in environmental remediation
• Previous work history must demonstrate proficient understanding of remediation site work and stabilization, and/or geotechnical related estimating as it relates to projects including, but not limited to environmental remediation, soil stabilization, and geotechnical construction techniques.
• Ability to review estimates for accuracy and compliance related to Request For Proposal requirements
• Must have experience and functional use of Construction Link Inc.(CLI) or other estimating software
• Must understand written or tabular scope of work documents and have the ability to break them down to definable tasks
• Proficiency in MS Office products required: Word, Excel and Project; knowledge of CLI or a similar (i.e. Aspen, ICARUS, KBase and/or MC2 ) estimating software
If you are interested in this Construction Estimator job in Houston, Texas then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technology go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position please contact Thomas Grider at 832-325-3361 or Thomas.email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled