Provides direction, leadership and administration of Supply Chain Construction Projects including the design, budgeting, scheduling, and due diligence related to the construction of new DCs, conversions, remodels, specific business programs and other major capital improvements, investments, and new initiatives.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- A key responsibility will be the management of scope associated with upgrade/retrofit activities in operational Supply Chain facilities.
- Manages A/E, General Contractor, and subcontractor resources.
- Detailed knowledge and thorough understanding of technical specifications and skill with ensuring compliance by outside vendors.
- Knowledge of integrating MEP with construction activities.
- Experience with project values $500K - $20M.
- Regularly interacts and communicates with departments and representatives from Construction, Supply Chain, Maintenance, Real Estate and Operations.
- Selects, collaborates, develops and/or motivates vendors and staff assigned to/supporting the work.
- Participates in pre-development activities, in partnership with Real Estate Managers and Site Development Coordinators, including site analysis, due diligence, cost estimates, lease reviews to ensure cost-effective solutions are attained.
- Reviews and approves all related contract documentation.
- Administers the scheduling and progress against of all assigned projects.
- Determines and manages capital and expense budgets associated with all assigned projects.
- Continually evaluates means to reduce construction costs and duration of projects.
- Provide regular status updates and associated reporting (progress, budget/financial and other reports as needed).
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Reports to Director Construction with dotted line accountability to Director of Supply Chain.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
Typically requires overnight travel 75% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must meet many, simultaneous demands for important decisions/actions and face some confrontations or other difficult situations and demands for results.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 10-15 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Experience with Supply Chain Tennant Improvement scope to include (but not limited to) mechanization and racking systems.
- Atlanta -based candidates considered a strong plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Project management experience.
- People management/supervisory skills.
- Strong communication and negotiating skills.
- Financial analysis skills
- Knowledge of engineering, architecture, or construction management.
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!