This opening is in our Kawneer business located in Springdale, AR. We are the leading manufacturer of architectural aluminum products and systems for the commercial construction industry. Kawneer is part of Arconic's global Building and Construction Systems (BCS) business unit, which manufactures and markets architectural systems and products in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
The Construction Project Estimator - Complex Projects
role is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and drives revenue impact through ensuring that incoming customer requests for pricing are accurately reviewed and entered into the system. The Estimator is central to maintaining communication with customers, including overseeing order pursuit activities and project negotiations. Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Major Activities and Key Challenges Include:
- Have the opportunity to work on complex construction projects to include major project work for the Southern and Western Regions of the United States;
- Prepare material proposals and material take-offs for Kawneer products from customer supplied lists, customer elevations and architectural plans/specifications;
- Interact and work with customers and sales representatives on quote follow-up, order changes, product related issues and customer claims;
- Provide required levels of service to customers where Kawneer is the preferred supplier;
- Coordinate and collaborate with employees and other internal resources on complex projects;
- Develop knowledge of and regularly use Kawneer product portfolio and price book;
- Use KaluCAD applications to calculate price concessions based on established guidelines;
- Be a point-of-contact on phone inquiries with expectation of 100% "live call" response and customer assistance without frequently forwarding calls to other front-end employees.
- This position requires strong communication skills, attention to detail and computer literacy. In working with customers and the sales team, the candidate should be comfortable interacting with a variety of people;
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook and Excel;
- Organization and time management skills;
- Communication Skills: Written and verbal / phone;
- Ability to help formulate successful order pursuit strategies;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions;
- Ability to function in an environment with tight deadlines.
- Associates Degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum 2 years of architectural building / construction industry experience;
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with architectural plans, blueprints and /or installation instructions;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management from an accredited institution;
- Experience with KaluCAD;
- Experience with Division 8 specifications;
- Experience with commercial architectural building and construction industry.