Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
Within a designated market, a Construction Sales Representative is responsible for identifying leads, proactively prospecting and selling temporary waste removal to customers primarily in the construction industry. The Construction Sales Representative is also responsible for building, maintaining and growing long-term relationships with these clients to grow the revenue base and meet and exceed the monthly targeted profitable growth objectives in support of the Company’s overall goals. The Construction Sales Representative meets regularly with prospective and existing clients in his or her assigned market area to deliver sales presentations, follow up with key decision makers and sell all services, as appropriate.
**Knowledge, Skills & Abilities**
• Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self-esteem.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner.
• Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
• Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas.
• Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook.
• Has the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation; seeks information from appropriate sources; has the ability to tackle a problem using a logical, sequential approach and can anticipate the implications of actions.
• Good written and verbal presentation skills.
• Is self-motivated; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong drive to win; takes appropriate risks.
• Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
• Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
• Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people.
• Bachelor’s Degree desired.
• Two years of direct selling experience.
• Prior experience in the construction industry.
• Identify viable leads, manage prospects and secure all lines of temporary business offered within the market to exceed monthly established targeted profitable growth goals.
• Utilize the Company’s Contact Relationship Management (“CRM”) tool on a daily basis, scheduling and documenting all activities, and develop robust information profiles on prospective customers to facilitate the acquisition of new business.
• Develop and maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs; proactively manage customer base.
• Generate and provide sales leads for permanent sales opportunities to the appropriate sales representative in the market to capture additional revenue.
• Proactively communicate with, or respond to, customers in conjunction with the Company’s pricing initiatives.
• Prepare and deliver sales presentations to grow existing client base; follow up with key decision makers.
• Establish long-term relationships with contractors in designated market.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures and sell into existing and prospective commercial and industrial clients, as appropriate, to grow targeted revenue and contribute to Company goals and objectives.
• Meet regularly with Sales Manager or General Manager, as appropriate to review weekly sales activities and prospective customer calling activities.
• Track all prospective customer information on required reporting format.
• Build relationships and increase Company visibility through the participation in Company-sponsored activities as required; attend trade shows, chamber of commerce events and other events, as necessary. Act as a company representative at community events, where required.
• Complete all required Customer Service Agreements (“CSAs”), CRM entries and other reports in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
• Respond in a timely fashion to all customer and prospective clients inquiries.
• Perform other job-related duties, as required. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or GED.
• One year of experience in a customer-facing role, identifying and addressing customer needs.
• Valid driver’s license.
**Rewarding Compensation and Benefits**
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.