Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Construction Specialist is responsible for coordinating and prioritizing all construction field work with partners and ensuring quality meets Comcast standards and customer expectations.
- Issue job to Business Partner
- Ensure jobs stay on schedule to meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Resolve job escalations and conflicts
- Attend meetings with builders, developers and external entities
- Run weekly calls with stakeholders
- Serve as liaison for Business Partners relating to timeline / spending issues
- Coordinate with ISP / Head-End regarding activation
- Approve Funding Estimate
- Manage project cost
- Manage material allocation
- Manage job resources
- Prioritize multiple jobs and resources
- Conduct craftsmanship QC
- Interface with QC Analyst and/or Construction Coordinator to support admin QC as needed
- Ensures the execution of overhead/underground construction duties such as: placing hard-line cables, frame and strand poles, transfer facilities between poles, place cable in joint trench, and safe operation of construction vehicles and cable trailers.
- Investigates and monitors accurate record keeping with regards to project start, milestone dates, production logs, material costs, and labor expenditures.
- Instructs work site safety standards; conducts work site visits to ensure compliance with safety standards and participates in regular safety meetings with the crew.
- Ensures that resources (i.e. vehicles, equipment, and inventory) are maintained in proper working order.
- Supports Specialists and leadership team with coordination of projects.
- Generates logs and reports on construction, projects, materials, and expenditures.
- Reviews, resolves, follows-up customer request and complaints.
- Monitors performance of construction crew to established goals and objectives.
- Advises, trains, and guides technicians.
- Assists with the annual plant construction budget.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- Ability to manage tasks within budget and schedule
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated management skills
- Able to promote teamwork to achieve a common goal
- Capable of problem solving
- Ability to manage escalations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively upward, downward and laterally
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners
- Intermediate to advanced ability with MS Office Suite
- Medium to advanced knowledge of Outside Plant (OSP) and Inside Plant (ISP) construction practices and procedures
- Knowledge of construction practices across all functional areas (MDU, SDU, CB, FTTX)
- Tools used (basic knowledge recommended): JT, Polaris, MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Reporting, Workbench, Century, CSG (view only), Spatial (access-for research), Instaquote, Watchtower, Continuity, Don River, SM Ticketing System, Sales Force
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer