Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Construction Manager - SimplexGrinnell
About the role
- Demonstrate management/leadership abilities including: training, team building, district administration, and effective interaction with customers.
- Set and manage productivity and performance expectations for direct reports.
- Ensure safety and industry training is current and documented for all installers and that they have all the appropriate information prior to arrival at the job site.
- Ensure that work outside scope is identified for change orders.
- Provide all appropriate field documentation to close out projects.
- Maintain schedule of installers and track hours assigned to projects.
- Provide accurate project status updates during WIP meetings
- Conduct regular job site safety walkthroughs and EHS evaluations as well as accident investigations.
- May help interview and/or evaluate employees and apprentices.
Rewards and benefits
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. Job Qualifications:
Who we're looking for:
- 5 years field experience with fire sprinkler system installation.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of P&L a plus.
- Experience or knowledge of Excel and Oracle.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers to include Microsoft Office & Project
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.