The Construction Supervisor will ensure all field operations are carried out safely, on schedule, within quality standards and within budget.
- Supervises In-House Construction Staff.
- Use strong leadership skills to effectively manage, train, mentor and coach direct reports to meet goals and expectations.
- Create a culture of teamwork and demonstrates the value of teamwork through his/her actions.
- Work with Senior Leadership team to rebuild Construction methods and techniques for day-to-day activities including New Build, Replacement, Forced Relocation, etc..
- Responsible for compliance on all daily, weekly and monthly reporting (i.e. DOCK, Salesforce, Tech Logs, Work Assure, etc.).
- Assist in preparation of monthly budget and analysis of yearly budget.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with contractors, utility companies and public officials.
- Work with Coordinators to prioritize projects to best meet business needs.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Supervises activities of project personnel to ensure timely completion and that project remains within prescribed budget.
- Coordinates project activities, ensuring compliance with all relevant governmental and regulatory agencies. Ensures compliance with all safety regulations and requirements, including but not limited to OSHA rules.
- Computer proficiency and advanced skills in Access, Word, Excel, MS PowerPoint and other required systems.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of CATV design, manual drawings, blueprints and building materials.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Ability to read and interpret maps and blueprints.
- Knowledge of specifications plans and project estimates.
- Ability to create clear and concise reports, analyze those reports and provide recommendations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Requires ability to communicate effectively, tactfully and courteously with all clients, vendors, the general public and employees.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to operate with minimal direction and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to complete construction projects under scheduled deadlines with a high level of accuracy.
- Associates degree; or equivalent experience and education. Preferred degree in Computer Science, or EE, EET.
- One to three years leadership experience.
- Minimum 3 yrs. construction experience or related technical field within the telecommunications industry.
- May require daily travel to network equipment sites in the area. Possible overnight travel to remote locations with the Region, as needed. Possible overnight travel out of area for training
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.