Support project and inspection work streams and maintenance through all phases of planning and execution.Key accountabilities
- Responsible for active participation in FEL, constructability reviews, review of detailed scope of work, development of site safety plans, traffic plans, and preparation of job boxes.
- Leads and implements BP USPL policies and procedures through all phases of construction management (i.e. Control of Work, Work Management Process).
- Responsible for the preparation of job packages, drawings and communications with contract inspectors and contractors. Set clear expectations on construction and safety performance.
- Implement project execution plan and work stream plans in the field with construction resources, manages to the approved schedule and provide real time updates to the Project Managers (PM) and Planners.
- Performs and ensures QA/QC of required BP and DoT construction documentation and redlines from inspectors (project files) prior to handover to PM's and D&R (office of records).
- Assist Project Managers and Engineers with the execution plan and recommends ways to optimize the construction activities.
- Engaged in the contractor selection process with the PM's, PE's, and PSCM's. Reviews bid packages and makes recommendations to PSCM and PM.
- Manages multiple projects concurrently and ensures that all HSSE and project performance targets are achieved and or exceeded.
- Ensures appropriate resources are assigned to efficiently execute work
- Ensures compliance with BP ETP's, USPL STP's, USPL EMSP, CVP, OMS and other required processes (DoT, API, Marine)
- Ensure QA/QC strategy is developed and implemented for fabrication and construction related activities
- Maintains regulatory compliance with DOT, OSHA, State, Local, and BP requirements
- Maintenance / Inspection - Planning and execution of tank internal and external inspections and repairs
- Responsible for collaborating with BP central engineering and Tank Engineer regarding job scope and inspection techniques.
- Set up project jobsite in ISNetworld with all associated tasks and contractor assignments
- Manage third party inspection staff throughout the project
- Assure project scope and construction requirements have been reviewed with the project execution team and copies of the SOW/PEP and construction drawings are maintained on site
- High School Diploma or GED
Essential experience and job requirements
- Technical Degree in Construction
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or Business discipline
- 15 years construction management experience
- 10 yrs. in oil & gas construction experience
- 5 years managing represented and non-represented contract labor force
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- Experience managing major projects (10 million+)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
Yes - up to 75%Is this a part time position?
US Pipelines and Logistics (USPL's) strategy is to create integrated logistics value for BP by maintaining high pipeline, terminal and transportation availability, storage flexibility for trading. It is a pipeline transportation company that owns and operates liquid pipelines and terminal facilities throughout the United States. Employing more than 1200 employees, USPL safely transports millions of barrels per day of oil, refined products, natural gas liquids, carbon dioxide and chemicals throughout the US. The Terminal facilities are light-oil terminals, most of which produce custom blends of gasoline. Additionally, USPL interacts with a number of BP segments including Upstream, Integrated Supply & Trading, and Downstream as well as third party shippers. USPL is also a partner in several joint ventures. In support of these interactions, we maintain a strong business relationship with internal and external customers.Segment
[ "16-Sep-2017" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.