What you will do
The primary role of the Installation Supervisor, Fire Alarm is to be a Working Supervisor with functional responsibility for a small team of para-professionals. Responsible for the execution of the installation project plan including equipment delivery and interface with other trades to successfully complete projects while exceeding customer's expectations. How you will do it
What we look for
- Combines working knowledge of technical/professional principles and concepts with in-depth knowledge of team objectives
- Ensures the quality and service of self and others
- Manages workflow to accommodate volume and special project demands meet customer expectations while performing quality installations
- Professionally represent the company at all times
- Learn to complete Service Acknowledgement with proper coding through communication devices such as laptop computers, and/or hardcopy
- Learn to troubleshoot, repair, and program all types of Communication and Security Systems
- Complete assigned installations on time and on budget
- Perform other duties as directed
Who we are
- Minimum Experience: 2+ years of managerial experience
- Knowledge of low voltage wiring. Basic computer operation and troubleshooting techniques required
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Preferred education: Bachelor's degree
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have strong organizational skills, a positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work in various environments including climbing a ladder, scaffolding, high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts and crawl spaces above ceilings, etc.
- Able to adhere to and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers
- Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision
- Have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background and drug test
- NICET Certification is a plus
- Ability to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State, and Local codes
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent, and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works, and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.