At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need motivated people who want to make a difference. Right now, we are seeking a Construction Technician that will be a solid contributor within Vivint Solar. As a Construction Technician, you will be responsible for ensuring that our Structural upgrades and repairs are installed properly and on-time. In this role, you will report directly to a CSL within the Field Operations group.
- Work with a team to install the required structural upgrades for accounts.
- Maintain a high quality of installation
- Prepare trucks for installs in the upcoming day making sure everything is neat and organized
- Make minor structural and cosmetic repairs as needed
- Clean and prepare trucks at the end of the day to ensure that the vehicle is ready for the next day's use
- Occasional work in the warehouse organizing equipment
- Maintain compliance to all PPE and safety regulations per OSHA and Vivint Solar standards
- Working knowledge of residential construction and/or roofing
- Ability to work well with others that are on your team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to keep a positive attitude
- Ability to be comfortable being and working on roofs and confined spaces
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of construction and/or roofing
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.