Microsoft is looking for a senior consultant with broad and deep technical knowledge regarding the Microsoft Data Insights (DI) technology stack to join the Microsoft Services Data Insights Global Domain. The successful candidate will have experience architecting solutions that transform customer data into compelling DI visualizations, including reports, scorecards and dashboards that directly support customer decision-making. In this role, the consultant will engage in effective dialog with senior-level technology decision makers while focusing on the development of customer business agility and business value, and demonstrating deep experience with the Microsoft DI technology stack. Additionally, candidates should demonstrate significant experience with the principals and common industry practices regarding data warehousing, data integration and analytical modeling. DI Consultants manage the complete lifecycle of implementing DI solutions for large and complex projects. They continuously demonstrate their passion for the customer through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience. This qualification is evidenced by a record of delivering DI projects with high customer satisfaction.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (Preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems)
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFFERED:
• Expert-level knowledge and ability using:
o Microsoft SharePoint 2013/2016
o Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014, including SQL Server Integration Services, Analysis Services and Reporting Services
o Microsoft Power BI Tools - including PowerPivot, Power Query, Power View, and Power Map
• Enterprise deployment experience in complex environments
• Strong technical writing skills
• Business Process and Data Source Analysis
OTHER PREFFERED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Exceptional customer service, overall communication and technical writing skills
• Sufficient technical depth to communicate with development and other internal organizations at a peer level
• Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision and as part of nationwide team of consultants
• Aptitude for providing exceptional customer service in politically charged environments
• Ability to apply technology to improve existing products and systems at customers and for internal use
• Ability to actively participate in team support by proposing and implementing solutions
• Ability to contribute to the broader DI communities through supporting peers and/or contributing to reusable IP
Travel: Customer is located near Fayetteville, NC. Candidates should either live in the Fayetteville, NC area, be willing to relocate to Fayetteville, NC, or travel 50% to Fayetteville, NC, (Mon-Thurs). Must currently hold a US DoD security clearance.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.