The importance of Data Insight for businesses
is evolving every day, from digital marketing to business compliance, from
optimizing investments to improved branding and sales. We at Microsoft are
looking forward to onboard you at an exciting job where as a Data Insights
Consultant you will work in an international team deploying leading edge Data
Platform and BI solutions on premise or in the cloud.
Our team is composed of talented individuals, just like you, who are organized in multicultural teams to learn and to leverage the latest technology innovations.
Microsoft Data Insights EMEA team is looking for a passionate Data Insight Consultant to be engaged in innovative digital business transformation projects enabling continuous success at our customers.
Building upon solid IT project experience a Data
Insight Consultant will work with the team, internal collaborators and external partners, to assist our customers in some of following project activities:
•The delivery of high quality project engagements around Microsoft's SQL Server and Business
Intelligence (BI) solutions in various client environments.
•Design and implementation of data warehousing solutions based on Microsoft SQL Server and related products (SQL Server 2005/2008R2/2012/2014/2016, PDW, SQL Azure, APS, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS).
• Performance, assessments, optimizations and enhancements of deployed Microsoft Data Warehouse solutions.
• Implementing expected Data Security, high availability and scalability of deployed databases.
•Build, design and develop Corporate Data Platform and Analytics solutions using the latest Microsoft products and technologies on premise and in Azure.
• Work with customers and delivery partners to help define and deliver leading edge Data Platform and BI solutions on premise or in the cloud.
• Drives activities to deliver a Data Platform that provides expected business value to customer, and effectively bringing the project to full completion (envision, plan, develop, stabilize and deploy), with long term view on solutions supportability and operation.
• Act as a trusted Data Platform advisor to our clients in engagements which could range from a short consulting assignment to a large implementation project.
• Act as a technical expert for complex issues related to Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics.
• Continuously develop high expertise to remain a best in class advisor in SQL Server, Advanced Analytics, BI and Power BI technologies.
• Able to work independently, as well as a member and a contributor of an agile multinational team.
• Impact the business though delivery excellence and predictability, IP creation, IP re-use and experiences sharing.
• Proactively work with the Microsoft engagement team and partners to support Data Platform and BI opportunities for Microsoft.
Key qualifications and experience expected forthe role
The role requires experience in designing, planning, testing and deploying data
warehouse and reporting solutions, including the following:
• Highly credible with ability to demonstrate solving business problems with IT solutions.
• Customer focused, results-oriented, proactive, collaborative and confident under pressure.
• Experience in projects involving database migration to SQL Server, developing with SQL Server, implementing Data Models, Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) solutions, reporting dashboards, Self-Service BI and Power BI, Big Data, Advanced Analytics
• Experience in enhancing Data Warehouse solutions using multiple database technologies
• Experience in large database solutions, on premises, cloud and hybrid implementations
• Strong experience in database replication, performance and security tuning
• Broad knowledge of Microsoft, open source or other similar technologies, is a plus
• Experience in project delivery methodologies, project management, reporting and executive communication with project stakeholders is a plus.
• Experience in supporting technical pre-sales activities, workshops / briefings is a plus.
• Team player, active contributor to success of our customers and our own organization.
• Fluent in English and Swedish (spoken and written), other European languages considered an advantage.
• A degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
• Strong, demonstrated consulting skills
• Relative technology Certifications will be a plus.
• Availability to travel is an integral part of this job.
experience in any of the following may be considered favorably:
• Big Data stack: MapReduce, Hadoop, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Hbase, Flume
• ETL technologies: Talend, Pentaho, Informatica, etc
(Oracle, Teradata, Netteza, SAP HANA), columnar (RedShift, Vertica), noSQL
(MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra - key-value stores, graph databases, RDF triple
Languages: Java, Python, R, F#, C#
languages, or libraries: SAS, SPSS, R, Mahout)
Microsoft Services is dedicated to delivering
on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the
planet to achieve more. As one of the largest divisions inside Microsoft - with
over 21,500 employees worldwide - this diverse team includes architects,
consultants, support professionals, sales, and business leaders who serve
customers in 191 countries and 46 languages. Simply put, we help customers get
the most out of their technology investments. We are proud to be the face of
Microsoft to many of our customers and partners. The power of that connection,
in addition to understanding how they use our products, helps us deliver the
voice of our customers back to our business groups to make our technology and
Microsoft even better.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran
status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Microsoft’s privacy statement can be viewed on
the following web page: http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/default.mspx
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.