Consultant- Technical Lead- Professional Services
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Location: Melville, New York
Posted: December 24, 2016
Reference ID: 173705BR
The Practice Consultant provides technical and consultative support on RSA technical solutions opportunities on a range of IT consulting engagements. These projects include analyzing requirements, implementation, integration and documentation for the customer. The Consultant works closely with RSA project managers, other PS personnel, and the customer to ensure a smooth implementation and transition from start-up to integration/production mode. Key responsibility is to evaluate customers'' strategic business issues, identify requirements, create business case justifications, and propose appropriate enterprise solutions. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with RSA sales, SEs and external customers. Capable of working with minimal supervision in the performance of assigned tasks.
• Represents RSA in a professional manner to customers, RSA Partners and other RSA personnel at all times. May be required to support and instruct less experienced co-workers through classroom training sessions or on-the-job mentoring. Trains customer personnel and provides team technical leadership on specific implementations.
• Prepares, maintains and submits activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports in accordance with published procedures. Works in strong team collaboration with Project Managers informed of activities, alerting of any issues promptly. Completes end-of-project reports. Provides knowledge transfer throughout and at the completion of assigned projects.
• Supports and reports to engagement project manager while assigned to active customer engagements. Advises project manager on level of effort required to perform assigned implementations. Regularly communicates status of project and all applicable customer issues to the project manager. Analyzes requirements and performs requirements implementation.
• Seeks advice or assistance from Professional Services management as required during difficult customer situations. Works in conjunction with RSA PS colleagues to ensure effective resolution of technical issues encountered during implementations.
• Understands methodologies to perform functions of position. Designs, codes and tests components. Participates in code reviews, testing process and certification of software. Performs according to established safety standards. Reports unsafe situations and recommends improvements.
• Pre-Sales: Responsible for scoping and creation of proposals that address current and evolving client requirements.
• Establishes relationship with client technical counterparts. Participates in client meetings related to development efforts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Bachelors (Technical preferred)
4+ years relevant experience
Knowledge of the technical aspects of hardware/software subject matter
Strong team player
Ability to work in a team environment
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
**Critical Hiring Criteria:**
400 - SECURITY
VA - Glen Allen, VA - Herndon, VA - McLean, VA - Reston, WI - Madison, WI - Pewaukee, TN - Nashville, UT - Draper, UT - Ogden, UT - Park City, UT - Pleasant Grove, UT - Roy, UT - Salt Lake City, CA - Burbank, CA - El Sagundo, CA - Irvine, CA - Pasadena, CA - Sunnyvale, CT - Fairfield, NJ - East Brunswick, NJ - Princeton, NJ - South Plainfield, NJ - Warren, NY - Melville, NY - New York, NY - Manhattan, NY - White Plains, WA - Bellevue, WA - Seattle, CA - Campbell, CA - Menlo Park, CA - Palo Alto, CA - Pleasanton, CA - San Francisco, CA - San Jose, CA - San Mateo, CA - Santa Clara