The Countrywide Pricing Consultant key responsibilities will be to support the Auto & Home Pricing teams. The candidate will ensure that quarterly ratemaking data and all associated tools are completed accurately and in a timely manner by distribution channel, product and line of business. They will provide resource assistance for ratemaking related questions/issues. The focus of the individual is on output execution and gaining technical proficiency. Responsibilities:
CW Pricing Consultants responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Continuously challenge and advance Product/Pricing ratemaking/indication process through the creation of new tools, efficiency gains, improvements in the accuracy of ratemaking assumptions/data, enhancements to ratemaking techniques and improvement to data quality.
- Execute on ideas received from others within Product/COE and provide "thought leadership" on pricing techniques/approaches as they apply to Ratemaking and Quarterly HO/Auto Indications.
- Successfully influence State Consultants, Regional and Countrywide Product Management and external partners and state departments of insurance on the appropriateness of rating inputs and methodology.
- Ensure Product ratemaking techniques comply with Actuarial Standards of Practice.
- Support the enhancements of the infrastructure within Countrywide Pricing. Provide CW Pricing resources in support of ad hoc projects.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Bachelor's Degree required and advanced degree in a Quantitative field a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience in insurance or related industry preferred
- Past actuarial pricing and ratemaking experience preferred.
- Experience with P&C coverages preferred and Personal Lines business knowledge such as Auto, Homeowners and miscellaneous lines of business, products and rate plans desired
- Foundation in Countrywide or State Product Management desired
- Advanced analytic and computer skills including proficiency in Excel. Experience with SAS and VBA a plus
- Strong communication and business relationship building skills
- A highly creative, entrepreneurial drive to add value
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression