WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION?
The Hartford's Data Asset Management organization in IT is seeking right talent for the role of Consultant Business Data Analysis to support the Commercial Actuarial Portfolio initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be accountable for Data initiatives - Business Data Analysis processes in support of various Data projects mainly in the Commercial Line of Business. Candidate should possess strong functional knowledge of data management, business data analysis, business process mapping. Candidate must also be skilled in performing data analysis, agile delivery, data testing, consulting, thought leadership and strong customer interfacing competencies. Responsibilities:
- Applies functional knowledge and techniques necessary to draw out data and analytics business requirements completely and accurately from stakeholders. Performs requirements planning, monitoring and requirements management.
Qualifications: WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Independently performs data analysis, data discovery and data profiling using industry standard querying tools to support business requirements development that are complete, clear, unambiguous, well written and appropriate to audience.
- Maintains Data mapping documents, Bus Matrix and other Data Design artifacts that define business data requirements and transformation rules.
- Act as liaison and advisor/consultant between the business and IT stakeholders.
- Performs and aid functional testing
- Structure and drive working and informational sessions that promote collaboration, synergy, and achieve desired outcomes.
- Understands the scope of the project and helps resolve scope questions and issues related to own work.
- Handles moderate level root cause analysis of business data issues and provides technical data guidance on issues
- Helps resolve scope questions and issues
- 3 years of experience in business requirements and/or data analysis supporting the Insurance industry.
- Experience working on data warehouse or reporting/analytic projects
- Experience in industry standard querying tool
- Experience working on Agile projects
- Strong facilitation, requirements elicitation and data analysis skills
- Understanding of current and emerging IT products, services, processes and methodologies
- Prefer working knowledge of ETL process and familiarity with data integration tools and techniques
- At least 2 years of experience with database concepts and SQL skills on Databases like oracle, SQL server
- Connected with industry best practices
- Insurance Knowledge
- Business Acumen
- Communication skills (both verbal and non-verbal)
- Detail Oriented
- Proven ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a timeline driven environment.
- Presentation Skills
- Focused on continuous improvements
- Interpersonal and influencing skills
- Team player
- Establishes credibility
- Effectively manages key stakeholders in a matrix environment