The EDO - Operations Reporting team is a key information solution provider to The Hartford's Enterprise Operations organization. Our team of highly skilled technical and analytic professionals provides management reporting, business analysis, call center reporting, staffing utilization, agent utilization, process owner dashboards, individual scorecards and monthly operational scorecards to customers across all lines of business and business functions.
The EDO - Operations Reporting team is seeking a Consultant in Business Intelligence to support various development initiatives across the Enterprise. The consultant will be responsible for extraction of data from various internal/external data sources, development of KPIs/dashboards/scorecards/reports that drive the decision-making process and improve internal processes and techniques that support the business operations.
Key accountabilities for this role include the ability to deliver reporting solutions of high integrity and accuracy, research and respond to questions from key customers, work with data owners/providers to debug any data related errors or discrepancies and collect business requirements for collection of new data components/metrics, scorecards and tools.
The best candidate will be viewed as technically proficient with business knowledge to effectively translate potentially complex information/requirements into dashboard Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) as well as develop online reporting solutions using primarily the toolsets listed below.
- SQL Server 2008 R2, SSIS/SSAS/SSRS
- Reporting Services/Report Builder 3.0, MSBI PowerPivot, or Tableau.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and build intuitive and effective dashboard / scorecard / report applications
- Troubleshoot production support issues
- Test and lead implementation of reporting solutions, reinforcing use of the SDLC methodology
- Develop and enforce the usage of predefined coding standards
- Participate in, or lead, planning sessions with clients, business analysts, and team members to analyze business requirements, assess feasibility of solution, develop detailed functional requirements, and provide design recommendations.
- Responsible for writing technical specifications. Provides design recommendations, developing application and custom integration solutions, including major enhancements and interfaces.
- May serve as a project lead or technical lead. As a project lead, prepares project plans and resource estimates, assigns and manages project responsibilities, and performs status reporting. As a technical lead, assists in defining project plans, resource estimates and status reporting, in addition to leading the technical design and development phases of the project.
You must be a team player with a positive 'can do' attitude and possess the following experience:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or business oriented discipline
- Knowledge of technology and information systems, with concentrations in contact center, data analysis, relational database, OLAP, and reporting tools.
- Solid experience with the following technologies: Microsoft SQL Server (SSIS, SSAS and SSRS), MS TSQL
- Oracle database programming (T-SQL / PL-SQL) is also preferred
- Solid understanding of full Software Development Life Cycle methodology
• Hands on experience with the following Reporting tools: MS Reporting Services 2008/2012, MSBI (PowerBI) Tools and Tableau experience
- Understanding of Call Center Operations as well as a strong understanding of Personal Lines/Commercial operations is a plus
• Analytical thinking and problem solving skills as well as strong communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and customer expectations.
- Experience with Hadoop, Teradata or other Big Data platforms is a plus
In addition, we are looking for the following competencies:
- Have good business sense that enables effective data analysis.
- Effective self-starter with a can-do attitude who takes ownership and accountability for project deliverables with a demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Ability to assist other team members with complex report development, pitching in where needed.
- Ability to assess and evaluate requirements, working with a demanding client base.
- Must be flexible enough to respond to changing customer needs
- Willing to learn and develop new skill sets as applicable.
- Apply technology and creativity to solve business problems.
- Manage deliverables in a fast-paced environment with multiple shifting priorities
- Ability to network and influence across the organization at all levels.
- Work and collaborate closely with our IT counterparts
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?
- Must be able to interact well with business partners and peers to ensure the successful completion of business requests.
• Data Analysis-
Input, understand, analyze and act on data
• Business Owner Mindset-
Operate with keen business knowledge,
expense, risk & controls driven mindset
Influence through a consultative approach
• Customer Driven-
Focus on "Harvest" - (our enterprise continuous
improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local
decision making for continuous improvement
• Growth & Development-
Maximize development of self and others What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications Behaviors at the Hartford
• Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
• Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
• Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
• Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **