Discover Financial Services is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards and pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposits through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network, which is led by three Discover businesses: Discover network, with millions of retail and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in more than 185 countries and territories.
The Chip Center of Excellence (CCOE) team within Global Commerce is responsible for developing, managing and implementing critical advanced payment products impacting all businesses in Discover Financial Services (DFS). These products are based on complex technologies including EMV and Contactless (i.e. NFC). EMV is a specification for conducting secure transactions between cards with integrated chips (chip cards), point of sale terminals capable of reading chip cards, issuers and acquirers. The EMV specifications broadly impact the payment ecosystem from card issuing to merchant acquiring, and serve as the baseline technology for other products such as mobile payments. D-PAS is Discover Financial Services EMV-compliant payment specification.
This position is responsible for the integration and support for Discovers current and emerging payments products into the wider business as they mature. The position partners with the manager of the Business Integration (BI) team in planning and deploying processes to manage the smooth transition of new payments products from the definition and pilot phase to business as usual across Payment Services. This role also works closely with colleagues in the BI team to create strategies to ensure that new payment products are included correctly and efficiently into existing programs such as interoperability and compliance reporting, as well as planning any network or policy changes required to fully support them. This Project Manager role builds relationships with other teams throughout DFS including Discover Network, Diners Club International, PULSE, Discover Card and Discover Bank and also works closely with external clients and vendors to deliver presentations, develop and lead trainings, and act as a subject matter expert both inside and outside DFS.
This position can be located in Riverwoods (IL), Phoenix (AZ), or New Albany (OH).
* Provide subject matter expertise and consultative input to business partners across the issuing and network businesses on best practices for deployment and integration of advanced payment products
* Define and re-engineer processes to integrate products into business as usual activities of other teams (e.g. ops, disputes)
* Act as a subject matter expert to internal business partners on all new payments products managed by CCOE and develop and deliver training materials as required
* Support CCOE activities in initiatives such as release planning, Discover Card and Discover Bank support, and deployment activities
* Work with other team members in the development and maintenance of policy and processes that support current and emerging payments products
* Collaborate with other team members in the development of interoperability support programs for new payments products
* Provide guidance to DFS partners through the development of client-facing documentation and partnering with Operations to ensure these documents are effectively implemented and supported
* Proactively identify opportunities to streamline and integrate support for advanced payment products across all DFS networks and Discover Card
* Responsible for managing strategic and ongoing activities for D-PAS chip card implementation support and providing subject matter expertise to Issuers such as Discover Card and Discover Bank
* Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes #LI-BP1.
* Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience); preferred Masters in business, finance or computer science
* 3 years of experience with payments/payments networks: emerging payments technology, process re-engineering, change management (EMV highly preferred)
* Strong PC competency (MS Office products, Visio, and Microsoft Project) required
* Well-developed written and verbal presentation skills, including the ability to effectively deliver information to internal and external constituents at all levels
* This position will require the candidate to perform a wide variety of tasks; a wide degree of creativity and flexibility is expected
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to plan and accomplish goals working independently in highly complex situations, with a low level of day to day supervision
* Strong aptitude for planning and organization, detail - oriented
* Candidate must be able to travel internationally
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.