- Undergraduate or Master's degree in life sciences/Statistics/Economics/Marketing or other analytically-based degree
- An interest in the healthcare analytics and data, with understanding of the US healthcare market
- Strong business acumen and understanding of sales & marketing business principles
- Effective communication (written and verbal communication), project management, interpersonal, and time-management skills
- Strong numerical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Prior work experience in any of the following: forecasting, market research, epidemiology, marketing insights, marketing analytics, primary market research, multichannel marketing, consumer marketing, statistics, predictive modeling, managed markets, HEOR, or data mining
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge
- Advanced MS Excel skills, with strong knowledge of other MS office applications, such as MS PowerPoint, MS Word, etc.
- Experience and skill in creating MS Excel based forecast models for pipeline and inline pharmaceutical products, while requiring only a minimal level of supervision
- Technical skills in Excel VBA, Forecast Pro, @Risk, Crystal Ball; Flexicast is a plus
- Experience with BI tools (such as Tableau/Qlik, and SAS/SPSS) is desirable
- Willingness to relocate anywhere within the United States for client engagements ranging in length from 6 to 24 months
- Strong capability in managing projects and priorities so that deadlines are met, while retaining consistent, high quality outcomes
- Prior healthcare data experience: National and sub-national data (Physician, Patient, claims and epidemiology)
As an Associate Consultant / Consultant in COS, you'll be actively participating in the development, delivery, and management of forecasting and related consulting projects:
QuintilesIMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Manage projects and work streams independently or with senior support to delivery on time
- Lead projects and initiatives, with indirect oversight over analysts and communication with clients
- Analyze secondary and syndicated data from the healthcare industry, to identify key findings and trends while addressing business questions
- Should be able support and work on wide variety of projects that feed into a forecast, such as Market and Epidemiology Assessment, Competitive/Pipeline Analysis, Market Research, etc.
- Provide high quality, timely development and on-time input to solutions (including model framework and forecast model development), tailored for pharmaceutical clients
- Identify key business issues relates to forecast/actual performance, and provide appropriate solutions (e.g. indication level split, new patient acquisition, etc.)
- Analyze different datasets, such as IMS Sales/NSP, NDTI, NPA, Xponent, PharMetrics, etc.
- Independently create presentations for clients; attend, support and present (independently or with senior support) at client meetings
- Assist in developing detailed documentation and specifications, including business process documentation, SOPs, client data scorecards
- Work willingly and effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goal, both internally and externally
- Develop broad knowledge of related consulting methodologies and pharmaceutical market through the delivery of consulting engagements and participation in formal and informal learning opportunities
We cultivate a diverse corporate culture across the 100+ countries where we operate, celebrating and rewarding teamwork and inclusiveness. By embracing our differences, we create innovative solutions that are good for QuintilesIMS, our clients, and the advancement of healthcare everywhere.
A little about us:
IQVIA™ has approximately 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries, all committed to making the potential of Human Data Science a reality, and we are actively hiring.