Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. General Summary:
As part of the Global Assurance and Transformation's (GAT) Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance (SOX) team, the Consultant contributes to global financial controls assessment activities. The Consultant functions as a key member of the SOX central support team, which provides oversight of program strategy, assurance, scoping, reporting, and training.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enable success of SOX Evaluation team, which performs testing of internal controls over financial reporting and business process walkthroughs.
- Support the broader SOX team through effective administration of the controls database model containing risk & control matrices, work papers, and reporting functionality.
- Function as critical point of contact both internally to the broader SOX team, and externally with business process and control owners, and other stakeholders to ensure assessment documentation is current and accurate.
- Facilitate control scoping decisions based on the company's financial statement data and input.
- Assist in preparation of assessment reporting, including testing status and results.
- Participate in walkthroughs of coverage areas with SOX Evaluation team, business units and external audit staff, including monitoring of required follow-up.
- Consult in development of remediation test plans, and monitor completion of test plans to validate effective and timely completion of activities.
- Act as point of contact to external audit staff, ensuring timely delivery of work papers, supporting testing evidence, and assessment information.
- Aid in development and delivery of training content to SOX team and external stakeholders.
- Assist SOX management with ad hoc projects across organizational and functional boundaries.
- Establish effective business relationships with all constituents of the SOX team.
- Evaluates and escalates issues to SOX management team, as needed.
- Ability to independently own and manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact with various levels of management.
- Team-oriented with high degree of interpersonal skills and ability to influence.
- Self-starter and deadline-driven; strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and Powerpoint.
- Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years of experience in an audit and/or compliance role.
- SOX controls testing experience in an internal/external audit or business unit capacity.
- Exposure to preparation/review/analysis of financial statements preferred.
Job Family: Finance Job Family Group
Job ID: R21298