Discover Financial Services is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards and pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposits through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network, which is led by three Discover businesses: Discover network, with millions of retail and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in more than 185 countries and territories.
The Consultant, New Technology Specifications role, within Discover Global Networks Global Commerce organization, reports to the Senior Manager, R&D and is responsible for the development of specifications and corresponding testing program for new technologies enabling payments such as QR code, new Biometric authentication methods, AR/VR and new remote commerce capabilities. This role requires strong technical knowledge and results leadership and would need to collaborate and communicate with external vendors as well as internal stakeholders in product, marketing and operations. This individual contributor role carries internal job title of Manager. This position is ideally located at corporate headquarters in Riverwoods, IL, but New Albany (OH) and Phoenix (AZ) would be considered as well. Responsibilities:
- Develop the payment specifications for new technologies such as AR/VR, QR code and biometric authentication
- Ensure security requirements for these specifications are industry standard
- Manage and develop, in concert with cross-functional teams, a strategy and framework for testing, validation and/or certification for the new form factors enabling payment capabilities
- Work with development teams of device manufacturers to ensure they develop to our specifications
- Ensure our specifications leverage relevant industry standards such as FIDO, W3C, Global Platform and EMVCo
- Participate in industry standardization efforts for the new technology based payments
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and practices #LI-BP1
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent experience) in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field
- Masters degree or other related advanced degree preferred
- 6 years of experience in payments technologies, including 2 years of experience preferred in technology used in digital payments including mobile payments and e-commerce.
- Experience in payments integration and / or online ecommerce shopping and / or Payment gateways
- Understanding of relevant industry standards such as Global Platform, FIDO and W3C
see job description
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.